Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prerelease, Phyrexian or Mirran?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited

Mirran or Phyrexian?
Mirran
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Phyrexian
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 22

the__player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Prerelease, Phyrexian or Mirran? Reply with quote

What faction will you choose this weekend and why?

Discussion time.
tfunk1940

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phyrexians no question. You have a much greater potential for a rediculous deck and vastly increase your odds to have the nut infect deck.
Kaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Phyrexian. It already overpowers Scars in limited format and you'll have half of your sealed pool from that set. Looking at the spoilers, Phyrexian has a lot more nuts in it that would be game winners than Mirran does.
the__player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your points but I think Ill stick with Mirran.

Infect can kill you fast and it seems you can get some sick pool but Mirrans battle cry spread over the common and uncommon level and removal spells could take the game over faster than you realize.
Magx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I m gonna take Mirran for the cards I want...
spudfuss2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirrian
Infect is hard to pull at sealed in the new set there are only 9 dudes with infect and 2 of those are rare. Many will make the mistake of take Phyrexian and then forcing infect without a good deck. If you dont get the great pulls your deck torn in different directions. Atleast if you pull mirrian your deck will have a singular direction. And a decent mirrian deck is better than a decent infect deck.
Kookie_Mnstr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirran. only because it has the cards i want for constructed. plus who can argue with maybe opening a thrun the last troll Razz
Wyr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked Phyrexians, because I love the fluff. Plus Yawgmoth will help me this Saturday (he promised me).
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such an easy question that people aren't looking at in the correct way IMO.

Thrun is mirran.
Sword is Mirran. (or at least i was told so)

What is phyrexian that is worth ANY money besides the 12 mana 11/11? Nothing? Alright then! Go with the chance to make your money back on the prerelease. REMEMBER, its a PRERELEASE... everyone is terrible! Go for value.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spudfuss2 wrote:
mirrian
Infect is hard to pull at sealed in the new set there are only 9 dudes with infect and 2 of those are rare. Many will make the mistake of take Phyrexian and then forcing infect without a good deck. If you dont get the great pulls your deck torn in different directions. Atleast if you pull mirrian your deck will have a singular direction. And a decent mirrian deck is better than a decent infect deck.

Im pretty sure your count is off, although im not going to check.

The format MBS is 50% infect 50% non-infect. That's the point =/ So mixing MBS with SOM means out of 6 packs you'll have something like 30% infect give or take. If you get 10-16 infect creatures, its a viable archtype, and it doesnt really matter so much what the support spells are.
Wyr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
Thrun is mirran.

What is phyrexian that is worth ANY money besides the 12 mana 11/11?

Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
Massacre Wurm
I think those will be more pricey, than Thrun or the Sword.

Last edited by Wyr on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyr wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
Thrun is mirran.

What is phyrexian that is worth ANY money besides the 12 mana 11/11?

Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

You mean the card that appears on both factions?

The truth is this, and it has been appointed in another thread: if you want to win at the prerelease, go Phyrexian; if you want cards to play outside Limited, like Constructed, go Mirran. Mr. Green
Wyr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynolf wrote:
You mean the card that appears on both factions?

Yes, so you have a chance to pull something pricey from a Phrexian booster. But I think Massacre Wurm will also raise in price, specially with the UB control deck dominance in Type2.

Lynolf wrote:
The truth is this, and it has been appointed in another thread: if you want to win at the prerelease, go Phyrexian; if you want cards to play outside Limited, like Constructed, go Mirran. Mr. Green

I don't think that's true. If you win the PRE, you will get boosters (at least where I play that's the custom) quite a lot. So you chances of getting something nice, something valuable is increased by a lot.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

always go for value. that is my lesson to you for today =\

They wouldn't make it that lopsided, and so go with the clan that has the most money.
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phyrexian, because the blacks cards like Massacre Wurm and the black Zenith look really fun. Plus, the Colossus wouldn't be a bad pull either. Haha.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2