Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA: State of the Union Address

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War doesn't have to involve violence. I'm surprised at the number of neophobes on the forums.
Avata

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HailEris wrote:
War doesn't have to involve violence. I'm surprised at the number of neophobes on the forums.

Oh, okay. Then yes, war is coming. As long as by "war" you mean "totally different definition of war than anyone else uses."

I'm going to go have some war for lunch. It looks remarkably like what you people call a Tuna Sandwich, but I call it war, so look out, war is coming... be afraid! Shocked

Rolling Eyes
Chefy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Printing more money is not a long term plan for fiscal health
2) Obama wants to print and borrow even more money (because that has worked so well for the last 2 years)
3) Obama could not get any of his financial regulation policy to stick when he controlled both houses of congress. I don't look for much change at this point.
4) If Bush was a fiscal moron, Obama is a fiscal anarchist. He wants to spend and tax everything. It is an unsustainable method for long term prosperity. Republicans want to slash taxes on a regressive scale.

Honestly, just slash the budget, keep the same taxes, and pay down the debt. Paying the debt down would help keep the USA's ability to pay it entire debt in check, it would shore up concerns about hyper-inflation (which is what the spend + Borrow + tax plan of Obama will lead to eventually), and show a stable fiscal policy that will allow corporate executives to make long term decisions and plans.

When Obama was talking about just letting all the taxes double and not worrying about it, he actively hurt economic expansion. He eventually extended the tax cuts yet the damage remained. I mean, I'm not saying Bush's Cuts were correctly done all those years ago, but even a fiscal moron can figure that doubling your taxes just because during a recession is a bad idea.
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So one side are retarded power hungry idiots and the others cant actually get anything done. Sounds like fun

War, lol what bullshit. anyway if america wants to tear itself apart politically. im gonna pull up a chair and watch. might be entertaining. tv is crap nowadays.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of Charles Bukowski, they give you a choice between a warm shit and a cold shit, either way you end up with a shit.
Chefy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One side gives you the choice of special interests, minimal social services, and the war machine. The other side gives you reckless fiscal policy, overbearing sanctions towards non favored organizations, and unrealized promises.

At this point, they all suck, but one is the quicker path towards the gutter.
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly why people think smoking weed makes you retarded. Stop believing getting high makes you more politically aware somehow. You just want to prove something.

And get your politics from places other than Internet bullshit. Really, even if it was true, you wouldn't be the first to know. No ones gonna give you a cookie for "totally blowing their mind."
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing so many people will attack someone for getting high and posting some inane rants.
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoke all day every day. I feel no reason to sneak in refferences to that where it's clearly not applicable, much less as an excuse to not think things through.

You have an interest in american politics, cool. A lot of people don't. This probably isn't the place to talk about it, considering most of the people here are Euros and/or ridiculously close-minded.
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but it would have been cool if he got assassinated then I had actual proof that I predicted it happening. I could probably make money off that somehow.
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HailEris wrote:
Yeah, but it would have been cool if he got assassinated then I had actual proof that I predicted it happening. I could probably make money off that somehow.

Obama, Bush, Clinton, whatever. It doesn't matter. It's the shenanigans going on in Congress that's been fucking us over since world war two. Get high and assassinate them.
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBAMA FOR LYFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[PMP]evil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmoNinjaSuck wrote:

4) If Bush was a fiscal moron, Obama is a fiscal anarchist. He wants to spend and tax everything. It is an unsustainable method for long term prosperity. Republicans want to slash taxes on a regressive scale.

95% of Americans received a tax cut. Unless you make over $250,000 a year (hint: you don't), you received a cut.
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@PMP: I think Obama being a fiscal anarchist probably has to do with his carefree attitude towards printing money, which I'd definitely agree with.
[PMP]evil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
@PMP: I think Obama being a fiscal anarchist probably has to do with his carefree attitude towards printing money, which I'd definitely agree with.

Not sure how that's really anarchy, but I see your point. I think the value of the dollar is declining because we're in debt causing concern over investment, rather than overprinting. The debt is certainly not Obama's fault.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3