Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UW Tapout (played at SCG San Jose)

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably demolishes any aggro deck, and has some game against Valakut, but i'm not so sure that it can beat Ub control ever.
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
... "i'm not so sure that it can beat Ub control ever."

I think you can say the same thing against a couple other decks... Even against most of mono-red decks that are mostly based on direct damage, UB control as you said and most of control decks that are being played nowadays...

But that doesn't mean that it isn't a nice deck... I can see a lot of trouble to creature-based decks, vampires, maybe boros, etc...

In my opinion this is like that anti-jund decks that some people played sometime ago... Its good against a specific type of deck, but don't have a lot of options when your opponent plays with a different one...

(Luminarch Ascension would be nice with all that creature removals)
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chakal_rbn wrote:
jonproject wrote:
... "i'm not so sure that it can beat Ub control ever."

I think you can say the same thing against a couple other decks...

Which is probably why Ub control is the most-played deck in the format....

And there's no way this deck doesn't destroy aggro decks. It plays more removal than regular Uw control, which is already a nightmare for aggro decks.
MikeL123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: UW Tapout (played at SCG San Jose) Reply with quote

ck3gds wrote:
every card it plays is removal or a threat.

Except Preordain, Squadron Hawk, Spreading Seas, and Everflowing Chalice.

60% of the time, it plays removal or a threat every time!
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like "UW Tap Out" but I hate this list.

You aren't presenting enough threats for UB to "have" to counter a majority of them.

So much spot removal is actually just unnecessary maindeck. Kibler's approach of SB'ing most of it is just better.

Gideon Jura, in no way or form is bad against any deck and should be maindeck over journey to nowhere, which is almost a dead card in the mirror and against UB.

No Ratchet Bomb plus sun titan. Sweet. Also no sea gate or wall of omens which are superior recursion targets with sun titan. Also sweet.

No sunblast angel?!

Yeah, I would suggest just making your own list before playing this one. I would like to think this is metagamed to beat... boros/elves/vampires (although no purge?) etc...
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1