Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best ways to battle RDW and MUC (casual)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
kev41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Best ways to battle RDW and MUC (casual) Reply with quote

I'm currently playing a Greater Good Gifts build for my casual legacy plays. Everyone knows that the weaknesses of slow decks are very fast decks and the weaknesses of combo decks are control deck.
My deck fell in both categories, but it can battle winnie and aggro decks because of wrath, but I jsut can't stand against RDW.

So my deck belongs to both categories, and such, I have to prepare my deck and sideboard for that.

I wanted to know what are the best cards to use against those kind of decks.

For RDW I have been thinking on this cards:

Circle of Protection: Red
Wall of Omens
Perimeter Captain
Kor Firewalker

For control:
Defense Grid
Dosan the Falling Leaf
Teferi, Mage of Zhafir
Vexing Shusher

please give me your opinions and help please, thanks

a link to my deck:

www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14963
www.essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=841662

(edit: moved to proper forum and edited topic. Nico)
kev41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warmth is awesome, thanks

however, as my deck is for casual play, I would prefer cards with the new layout (8th and up) any ideas?
Spyx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitchen finks and loxodon hierarch are cards a RDW player dreads to see on the other side of the board. If they play burn heavy you could try pulse of the fields.

against control you could try adding a volrath's stronghold, to keep recurring your dragons until they don't have an answer. luminarch ascension is also a problem card for them as they will have to go offensive which their deck isn't really capable of.
kev41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Hierarch is that its converted mana cost is 4, so by that time it could possibly be too late.

Pulse seems like a good idea, since it will be returned a couple of times to my hand, the only problem is that it has no physical body to block an attack.

Pulse: 3 mana = 4 lives

Kitchen Finks seems too good Imo. I should add those, the persist part is the best about them.

Kitchen Finks (3 mana)= 4 Lives + 3 prevented damage (Red creatures usually have trample) = 7 lives

I think finks is the best option, aside from firewalker, but its WW cost is too much for my 4-colored deck
kev41

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ppl for your replies.

I have thought about the Leyline, the problem is that with I will need to have 4, so I don't have to mull to 5 to draw it.

about the lands that you say, its true, in legacy I shouldn't have any problem, but since my deck is for casual play I don't want to spend a lot of money on lands. With my deck, I never get mana screwed, and I'm able to play Greater Good, Wrath, Kokusho, whenever I need them, but that is becasue their casting cost starts at 4. If I need WW in the second turn (to cast Kor Firewalker), that will be hard to achieve, since my first land is alost alway green (to ramp on 2nd turn). so that's why
BlackPen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel like turn 2 chill followed by turn 3 finks will beat almost every red burn deck/hand.
kev41

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well, I see your point about the Leyline.

what I mean by casual is something like you said, something like and old extended from mirrodin to now and something like that, but still not strictly in that way. It's casual u know.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1