Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EDH/Commander Trials

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
fenixmatt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: EDH/Commander Trials Reply with quote

It seems to be a popular enough format and I see things like Make your own Standard for trials, why don't we have more EDH trials and minis?

Is there no demand for it?
CharlesT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea.
pascal3000
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farseer worked on a 1on1 banlist and me and him both hosted a ton of minis. I also talked to some of the higher up judges and the common opinion seems to be, that there wont be any EDH trials in the future...

Im one of the great supporters of the format and would love to see a trial (obviously with a banlist which bans Clique as a general etc., YawgWill, Sol Ring and Mana Crypt as cards... Otherwise its just a joke of a format)... Well see
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1on1 edh tournament, defies the point of playing edh
fenixmatt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people play 1 on 1 EDH, both in person and online.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya but once u start having tournaments that ppl want to win it becomes a different format entirely
Lynolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
ya but once u start having tournaments that ppl want to win it becomes a different format entirely

There is truth in these words, and I speak from experience. I remember the last time there was an EDH trial here. It had all but fun decks, and I got really disappointed. Sad
pascal3000
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you cant have a tournament thats both competitive and cutthroat in trying to win AND casual...
I enjoy both aspects of EDH, but you just shouldnt try to MIX them. It just doesnt work. Play your casual EDH at some multiplayer playgroup and keep your competitive EDH to 1on1 games like the ones Magic-League would offer...
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDH is a really skill full format with far more variation than standard or extd, so i think its a shame to keep it as only a casual thing.
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it becomes a competitive 1 vs 1 format, it would suck. I've played against people who have sideboards for 1 vs 1 and it gets way too overpowered. You don't really have to answer anything if you build your deck to have loads of combos, and with a card pool this large, its not hard to find something in any color that sets you too far ahead to lose. Especially considering there's no longer that one guy at the table sitting on Force of Will, Krosan Grip, Wrath of God, All is Dust, Swords to Plowshares, etc. to keep the group fair.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do prefer it with four people it does add a new element to the game but I think it would still be much fun as a competitive 1 vs 1 format as you get to do awsome powerful things all the time which i dig very much. Clearly if you ban most the tutor cards, the busted combos become less problematic.
Asukafan2288

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quot Clearly if you ban most the tutor cards, the busted combos become less problematic

but then we become more like 5 color and that's not fun 5 color suffer because of the massif restricted list if we start to banned the tutors then we go down that path of all tuners are bad and then we start to become a crap format so no leave them unchecked i stay but that's just me an my2 cents

yes there should be a banned list but a very slim banned list it keeps the format healthy and ppl interested in it...

i want recurring nightmare to be banned tho i don't remember if it got the banned hammer or not but that's one powerful card xd
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1