Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create-A-Card: Round 6

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Create-A-Card: Round 6 Reply with quote

From last thread:

These forums are always too quiet. How about a competition? The rules are simple:

1. Judge posts the card criteria;

2. People make card(s) based on the criteria;

3. Judge picks a winner; and

4. The winner becomes the judge for the next round.

---

Round 6: Make a multicolor instant or sorcery card in one of the Ravnica guild colors that you would see maindeck in a teir 1 decklist.

Judging @ some point Saturday evening, EST.
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nivix's Desire (1)(U/R)(U/R)
Instant
Rare

Draw 3 cards, then discard a card. Nivix's Desire deals damage to target creature or player equal to the number cards drawn this turn.

Last edited by blitzer2k7 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimir Bloodpact | (u/b)UB
Sorcery - (R)

Search your library for a card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

A debt to Dimir is always paid eventually.

I'm pretty sure the wording is incorrect in some way, but you have the idea of what I'm trying to say.

Last edited by Bejeezus on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Epic-Juzam37

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasoning, they keep making shock better and better, heres mine.

Fogged Lightning (U/R) Instant

Choose one: Deal target creature or player 2 damage; Counter target spell unless its controller pays (1)

Even when its grim i always have the plan. -Niv-Mizzet
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitzer, I'd say your card is a bit too powerful, although really good. Everyone else's is good as well!
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HailEris wrote:
Blitzer, I'd say your card is a bit too powerful, although really good. Everyone else's is good as well!
Im sticking with my original post though it should be mythic instead of just a rare.
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crypt ritual 2GB
sorcery: R
return target creature from your graveyard to play

dredge 3

design comments: considering the colors I think this card is quite powerful and can generate a ton of advantage, and dredge makes it somewhat resilient to counter magic, however it isn't back breacking because it takes advantage of the graveyard which is usually quite easily hated against.
Mizukage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possess | 2UUB

Sorcery (Rare)

As an additional cost to cast Possess, sacrifice a nonland permanent

Gain control of target permanent. (This effect lasts indefnitely.)

"My minions pride themselves for blind obedience, obssession even. For their defalcation, I easily suffice. - Szadek to Jace"

Last edited by Mizukage on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deliverance WB
Instant
Remove target creature from the game or return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.

I'd use it.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mizu... that's not seeing ANY play.

Disassemble(is this taken? meh) | (1)(G/W)
Sorcery (uncommon)

Destroy Target Artifact or Enchantment

Draw a Card.

Power creep? Yeah. Playable in tier 1 decks, Yeah. Broken? No. Certainly not a typical maindeck card, but with the cheap cost I think people would be off kilter to not pack a couple in their decks that would fill the slots of stuff like wall of omens or spreading seas, etc.

Placeholder that COULD be a format staple depending on the dependence of the artifacts and enchantments.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with all the hybrid cards? There was like, 3 hybrid cards for each guild in Ravnica block.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Turn this threads official Reply with quote

I believe this kind of threads should be made official. I mean, look at all the hype they've been getting from players! Isn't there a way to stick this, or maybe make a separated forum? Mr. Green
Welran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steal hope
sorcery UB
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card.
Draw a card.

"Only thing they have is hope. And we are going to steal it."
Halldir

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temporal Thoughts
1UB- Sorcery - Rare
Gain control of target permanent an opponent controls until end of your next turn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i mean this card as a very useful in mirror of nearly everything, like faeries- i wanna your scion or bitterblossom, 5cc- please that jace will be mine for a while....
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Call of Vitu-Ghazi Reply with quote

So many of these are broken in so many levels, they would probably be banned after a while if they were ever printed Laughing

I'll try to make mine NOT one of those:

Call of Vitu-Ghazi | X1GGW
Instant (R)
Convoke (Each creature you tap while casting this spell reduces its cost by 1 or by one mana of that creature’s color.)
Search your library for up to X creature cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
"Our guild is a lot like a swarm of bugs: it doesn't matter how many of them you squash along the way, many more will come, until you become inevitably overwhelmed."
— Chorus of the Conclave

Last edited by Lynolf on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3