Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is your favorite memory of Magic: The Gathering?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
RThomas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: What is your favorite memory of Magic: The Gathering? Reply with quote

Anything from play moments, to experiences, or people met.

Well?
jdf121

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time i ever went to a card shop in North Little Rock, AR and played people I didn't know I had my new Kamigawa block deck. I beat the 13th ranked constructed player in the US (Neil Reeves). 53 global. 8th composite in the world!! (At the time, I didn't know who he was. I thought he was just the owner of the shop.) In 3 three consecutive 3 game matches. Yeah I was elated.
snoopster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulliganning to 5 in game 3 and still winning in the finals of a JSS. Cool
Derek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning my 8 man FNM. Rolling Eyes
COOLBOY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I remember most... The, what seemed like, 2 year spread between Ice age and Alliances, it was so painful.
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trading magic common cards for 1st edition rare pokemon cards when it first came out. my trade of about a thousand commons i got about 4 boxes of boosters... this was when pokemon first came out
Craze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I came to ML, I was on AOL, being I was really bored, in some magic chat. Besides talking to some weird guys, I had the plesure of meeting A guy that wne tby the name Barrinwzrd. He later brought me to this league as a teammate on it...
Anyway, I used to think he was the best player ever.

I guess my most favorite part of it was my first ever netdeck: Big Red, and going on a winning streak with it....

Hmm...too bad that AOL chat is dead now...
VacancyMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: The Dragon Slayer Reply with quote

There was a guy who used to play at our local shop when we had Vintage tournaments. There were no proxies - I don't think the owner of the shop knew what a proxy tournament was. The guy had all of the Power 9, all the old broken competitive Type 1 stuff, and, as you can imagine, he owned everybody. With everyone else playing their pet decks like, and I am NOT making this up, U/R Cognivore, False Cure Combo, and Phage.dec, the guy was unstoppable.
Mirrodin was fresh off the press and, having a rare Johnny streak, I concocted a U/W No-Stick, complete with Abeyance and Lat-Nam's Legacy. Can you say ahead of it's time? Laughing Anyway, the first time a Type 1 tourney rolls around, I get paired Round 1 with the behemoth. He smashes me in Game 1, but mulligans to 5 in Game 2 and loses to the Exalted Angels I'm borrowing from a friend(who happens to have been known as sex_monkey on this league) just to make my deck 60 cards. In Game 3, I do it for the first time - Isochron Scepter, imprinting Orim's Chant. Because we're the last match, people start to gather around us. They laugh, and joke, and watch in amazement, as the Dragon is slayed by his own Mana Crypt.
iKe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite memory was about a week after I learned to play I played in a JSS about 2 years ago a little bit before darksteel came out. I went 1-5 while my friend topped 8 but since I didn't drop after I was like 1-4 i got the sportsmanship prize a foil jss two-headed dragon and the foil jss giant growth that I got for entering the tourney I sold them both together on Ebay for about $30 and my friend who topped 8 got a couple of packs with complete shit in them I was pretty happy Razz. And in my two years of playing magic I think I'm up like $50 since I got lucky in like every sealed tourney I ever played in and got a nice rare which I sold Very Happy.
Pollo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won a GPT, made top 4 at a PTQ and beat Rogier Maaten at Grand Prix: México City Laughing
Circa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesse... I top 8'd my 1st GPT ever. About 3 months into the game I had a 1769 rating, which hasn't faultered, or risen, since. I always place in the top 13 in PTQ's.

But my favorite memories are playing Magic all night, then going to someone's house and getting really shit drunk. really really shit drunk.
kendiggy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beating the biggest snob of a player with rdw while he was playing alluren after mulliganing to four game one at a ptq. He would call me "such a bad player" behind my back and smile and act like my friend while I was listening. BTW, I won game three due to a mistake on his part, he could have gone off and didn't see it. Then, in the next block season, he walked up to me and made small talk and mentioned he did not want to play against me.
Circa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat some n00b who thinks he is a good at an FNM once playing MuC. He was playing Tooth, and when I sat down in front of him, he told me how he can't losr the match, and that he'd prove he was better than me. I fucked with the guy the whole game, and beat the shit out of him. I like how the smile from his face after playing Boseiju disspeared after I played the bouncing Wizard.
kikimikejiki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sucking at magic and coming 2nd in the quebec player of the year race and top youngster! wooot
TheInferno

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time i was at a ptq in Sacramento....
To make a long story short i told the judge that i would pay "the kicker" on his junk. He didnt like that.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3