Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono White Jank.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
xxapathyxx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Mono White Jank. Reply with quote

So, I was just messing around making decks, and I made this. I played it a few times and actually liked it. Its not exactly a home brew, but i haven't seen this list. I've tweaked it alot,and I want to know not only what you guys think about it, but how I can make it alot better. I haven't tested it much, but I've had about 9 matches with it. I beat boros, UB, mono green eldrazi, rw eldrazi twice, uw control, some rogue uw variant, and mono black vampire. I've only lost 1 match so far, to UB, but thats not to say i've faced my worst matchups. I think my worst matchups are valakut, and mid range ramp decks. Without further ado, here it is:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
13 [M11] Plains (4)
3 [ZEN] Emeria, the Sky Ruin
4 [ZEN] Kabira Crossroads
4 [WWK] Tectonic Edge

// Creatures
4 [ROE] Wall of Omens
2 [M11] Sun Titan
1 [M11] Baneslayer Angel
2 [WWK] Admonition Angel
3 [ZEN] Kor Cartographer
4 [M11] Squadron Hawk
3 [ROE] Lone Missionary

// Spells
3 [SOM] Elspeth Tirel
3 [ROE] Gideon Jura
3 [M11] Day of Judgment
1 [ZEN] Expedition Map
4 [ROE] Survival Cache
3 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [M11] Baneslayer Angel
SB: 1 [ROE] Lone Missionary
SB: 1 [M11] Day of Judgment
SB: 3 [M11] Condemn
SB: 3 [M11] Celestial Purge
SB: 3 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 2 [ZEN] Devout Lightcaster
foshm
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like running Venser is worth nothing having Emeria with all of those EtB effects.
venser95

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can't win vs ramp.....
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks solid, would beat aggro decks handedly. However, isn't it kind of lacking against two of the Powerhouse decks in the format? Mainly, Ramp and U/x control? I'd give it a shot if you could explain how it beats these decks.
xxapathyxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeZeus wrote:
Looks solid, would beat aggro decks handedly. However, isn't it kind of lacking against two of the Powerhouse decks in the format? Mainly, Ramp and U/x control? I'd give it a shot if you could explain how it beats these decks.

Im not sure how it fairs against UW, but ive played ub twice, and its not a bad matchup at all. Its like 50/50, maybe 55/45 in my favor actually. I have small bodies for early bash and jace control, and sun titan, admonition, and emeria the sky ruin for late game madness. And against eldrazi ramp, i just tec edge their nonbasics and im fine, i have sun titan tricks to get back edge, doj and journey for their creatures, and flying to win the game. Im notsure how well i do against valakut, but its slowly decreasing in popularity, now that theres so much hate. So i would still like to test against those decks, anyone who is interested should hit me up in chat. =D
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geuss what, unless aggro decks become supersuper popular, valakut will be the most played deck until mirrodin besieged. Period. So if you can't beat it, go home.
xxapathyxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valakut isn't the most played deck. The last 3 standard tournaments I've been to had less than 10% of the field as valakut, its actually pretty ux control aggro heavy right now. Especially br vamps, which i do decent against.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I made this deck on mws but tweaked it a bit. I know you seem to like them but I'm no fan of Squadron Hawk's. They kind of blow. I dropped them in favor of +3mimic vats and +1Wussy WoG. I found the admon are too expensive and not really effective enough for a critter that has no protection, and all the cards exiled are returned, so -1 of those and -1 of that random artifact land card for +2 Baneslayer. Baneslayer, is this bomb. Why not drop a ton? I didn't really bother much with the sideboard asides for obviously making leyline a 4x slot. One of the best parts of leyline is if you get it in your start hand, so I see no reason to not side 4 of them.

So Mimic vat is now the MVP of the deck. It gives you the edge you need to beat control decks and to slay aggro decks. If you get just about any of your creatures onto vat, its annoying as hell. Never mind the off chance you nab someone's titan. Anyhow, the control match is doable however it takes an eon for the match to end. Your opponent might scoop out of sheer boredom.
As for Valakut, well its kind of a tough match but not nearly as impossible as I thought. All the random life gain makes it a bit harder for them to wipe you out with the lands, and you still run tectonic's so you can blast them when you get the chance. Once you are able to sideboard, having condem and being able to drop a leyline makes the match more the favourable.
I cannot stress how much of a difference having vats in the mainboard makes for this deck. They are just silly. You can do so much with them. Worst case, they are something the control player has to side for or counter meaning more of your fatties and powercards hit the table.
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr3dom07's list from last trial

4 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
18 Plains
4 Tectonic Edge
4 Baneslayer Angel
3 Sun Titan
4 Wall of Omens
4 Day of Judgment
4 Condemn
4 Everflowing Chalice
3 Ratchet Bomb
4 Journey to Nowhere
4 Elspeth Tirel
SB:
4 Kor Firewalker
4 Conqueror's Pledge
4 Leyline of Sanctity
3 Luminarch Ascension
xxapathyxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
fr3dom07's list from last trial

4 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
18 Plains
4 Tectonic Edge
4 Baneslayer Angel
3 Sun Titan
4 Wall of Omens
4 Day of Judgment
4 Condemn
4 Everflowing Chalice
3 Ratchet Bomb
4 Journey to Nowhere
4 Elspeth Tirel
SB:
4 Kor Firewalker
4 Conqueror's Pledge
4 Leyline of Sanctity
3 Luminarch Ascension

No offense to him, but that list isn't very good at all. It doesn't do enough, it has a much harder time against aggro, not really any better against ramp, and it trys to ramp itself instead of just using green, which is way more consistent. I don't want to ramp, i want to deal and interact with my opponents threats. I played valakut earlier, and i won game 1, lost game 2 to the nuts, and game 3 i was going to win but we ran out of time and i had a little bit lower life, all his mountains were on the field, and i was stable. So if thats how my ramp matches go, im completely satisfied with my deck. Any more criticism will be listend to though Very Happy
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played valakut last FNM. My 2nd round opponent was playing a deck very similar. Both games I had the win in hand, 2nd game he even had a leyline. I kept passing the turn to see what the deck could do, see if it scared me. 2 sun titans on the board and I still didn't see how he could win. destroyed him next turn just in case. the only thing that would work against valakut is the sun titan, tec edge combo. but it takes way too much time. the turn they tap out for sun titan, they should be dead. I was surprised my opponent actually tapped out for a 2nd sun titan instead of using tec edge and attacking with his first sun titan, thats why i had to kill him.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1