Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rogue Legacy deck, help!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Rogue Legacy deck, help! Reply with quote

I am somewhat unfamiliar with Legacy. I rarely play it. I'm attempting to adapt my old Ext Ninja deck to Legacy, and after many matches, and a lot of tweaking, I came up with this pile.

This deck really isn't very good, but I'm having fun playing it, and sometimes it just dominates. Other times it just falls flat.

// Lands
4 [DIS] Ghost Quarter
4 [MOR] Mutavault
4 [AQ] Mishra's Factory (3)
4 [SOM] Island (4)
4 [MM] Saprazzan Skerry

// Creatures
3 [FUT] Venser, Shaper Savant
4 [LRW] Spellstutter Sprite
4 [BOK] Ninja of the Deep Hours

// Spells
3 [MR] Chrome Mox
3 [TE] Propaganda
4 [OD] Standstill
2 [LG] Land Equilibrium
4 [AL] Force of Will
3 [M11] Jace Beleren
1 [SOM] Mox Opal
3 [SH] Mox Diamond
3 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
3 [FD] Crucible of Worlds

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [AQ] Hurkyl's Recall
SB: 4 [TSP] Trickbind
SB: 4 [M11] Elixir of Immortality
SB: 3 [FD] Trinket Mage

Relic of progenitus may seem odd beside Crucible, but it's easy to play around and it cantrips whilst resetting opposing goyfs to 0/1.

I orginally had Wastelands, but I cut them cause I'm an idiot. I use Ghost Quarters because they hit basics, which works with Land Equilibrium.

Just give me some advice, and if you suggest a card, please suggest what it would replace. Thx.
Failure
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That manabase is reallly sketchy. only 8 blue lands.
maybe -4ninja +4island
kendiggy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you playing ghost quarter in a format where you can be playing wasteland? I disagree with that, play wasteland. Period. I'm not so sure about having so many man-lands, too. I know they're enablers for your ninjas but you need to play more blue sources.

Relic and Crucible don't have very good synergy together, and I can see too many hands where you've got Chrome mox and nothing to imprint. Fix that. Either drop the mox diamond and crucible package and play more countermagic or drop the relic and chrome mox and again, play more countermagic. I'd also recommend playing a big dude as a finisher, ninja is good but he doesn't win games by himself.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play mono blue Stax with good jace. It accomplishes what you are trying to do here much better.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NahHolmes wrote:
Play mono blue Stax with good jace. It accomplishes what you are trying to do here much better.

Yeah, you're probably right. This format is hard to make a deck for. :S
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
NahHolmes wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right. This format is hard to make a deck for. :S

Mono Blue Stax is still a rogue deck in that it has no really solid accepted list and almost no-one plays it so you still get +10 deckbuilder points if you can make it work.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only a couple notable finishes by BlueStax and none of them were at SCG opens so it's hard to find a list. I've been messing around with the deck for a while, I think it's too slow but it's a good deck overall.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my version last time I played it, metagamed for Survival of course.

MD
3 Maze of Ith
1 Tundra
3 Island
2 Scalding Tarn
4 Ancient Tomb
1 Seat of the Synod
2 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
1 Academy Ruins
3 Mishra's Factory
2 Polluted Delta
3 City of Traitors
4 Wasteland
3 Trinket Mage
4 Mox Diamond
1 Pithing Needle
3 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Brittle Effigy
3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
3 Smokestack
1 Engineered Explosives
4 Trinisphere
3 Crucible of Worlds
4 Propaganda
1 Chalice of the Void

SB:
2 Pithing Needle
3 Ratchet Bomb
1 Tormod's Crypt
2 In the Eye of Chaos
3 Hibernation
4 Sphere of Resistance

So to answer you question it beats aggro by mana denial + Tabernacle + Maze + Propaganda, it beats Control by Sphere + Mana Denial + Smokestack, and it beat Combo by Sphere + Mana Denial. The deck is pretty good, my version needs more work. I ditched it because I'm not going to buy 2x Tabernacles anytime soon (which is pretty much the only thing I don't have in it to play it IRL) and it scoops to the noob rules on M-L involving time so you might as well just play anything that is not control since going to time with the deck is always a loss.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1