Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Argentum Armor Question

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
TKOJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Argentum Armor Question Reply with quote

Lets say I have an Argentum Armor equipped to my Emrakul, Your *** Getting Torn. I swing with Emrakul and my opponent responds with Naturalize to destroy Argentum Armor. Does Argentum's ability still destroy a target permanent? And does Emrakul's Annihilator ability trigger before or after the Naturalize/Argentum or do I get to choose the order of abilities?
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it all depends on what step of the combat phase is.

if its the beginning of combat step. then argentum armor will not trigger as the creature is not yet attacking and would be destroyed before it can trigger.

if its the declare attackers step. both emrakul and armor will trigger. naturalize will destroy armor but its ability will still resolve in the order the active players chooses.
next is blocking.
arcannys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF your opponent is smart enough, he'll cats naturalize at the end of your main phase (before you even declare attackers) in that case argentum won't trigger.

If you opponent is stupid he'll cast naturalize after u declare attackers, in which case abilities goes as follows. Both argentum and emrakuls abilities trigger and go on the stack. Then your opponent gets priority to cast spells. If he now casts naturalize he'll destroy argentum but the ability will remain on the stack. Then both argentum and emrakul's ability will resolve and he'll spit on you cuz emrakul + argentum is too fucking sick.

And yes you decide in which order argentum and emrakul abilities go on the stack, so u can destroy 1 premanent then make him sacrifice 6.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1