Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Priority draw step question

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
wakummaci

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Priority draw step question Reply with quote

Opponent controlling mimic vat, liliana's specter imprinted, has 3 lands untapped.

Me playing without card in hand atm.
During my draw step, after I drew, but before my main phase, he activates mimic vat in order to make me discard my only card I've just drew. I can't respond, only if there is an instant card.

Is he able to do that? Does he receive priority AFTER I got my card in hand but before we went to main phase?

AFAIK during draw step: Draw goes on stack then players may respond-> if he activates vat I have nothing to discard, then I draw, and we go to main phase.

Please help me out with this one. Thanks.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes he is able to do that.
the drawing during the draw step happens at the beginning and isnt able to be responded to.
u both recieve priority after the draw, starting with u. then once priority is passed consecutively with the stack empty, u move to ur main phase.

hope this helps!
wakummaci

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon wrote:
yes he is able to do that.
the drawing during the draw step happens at the beginning and isnt able to be responded to.
u both recieve priority after the draw, starting with u. then once priority is passed consecutively with the stack empty, u move to ur main phase.

hope this helps!

Yes, understandable, thanks.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

504. Draw Step

504.1. First, the active player draws a card. This turn-based action doesn’t use the stack.

504.2. Second, any abilities that trigger at the beginning of the draw step and any other abilities that have triggered go on the stack.

504.3. Third, the active player gets priority. Players may cast spells and activate abilities.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1