Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new look at a U/W control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Alandariel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the deck looks like a lot of fun especially with the lack of true combo decks in the format. How consistent is it so far? And how are your matchups against the top decks? If I was to play this I would probably cut an Augury Owl for the fourth Preordain, or maybe even run 23 land with so much scry. Have you thought about using fetches and splashing red for Pyroclasm? It seems like it would be good in the board for the aggro matchups. What do you do against Memoricide? A package of Negates and Dispels probably 4/3 in the sideboard could protect your combo.

Just some random thoughts. I'll test this tonight after work.
jetstrike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I go for atleats seven plains so I could potentially use emeria to return salvage scout
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looshkin wrote:
the consistence isnt to bad. the only problem i have is geting venser out when i need him some times to continue the combo. I didnt think about add red to the deck i will have to see how that works. No one out here were i am at runs black. I put the deck together to play at my local FNM mainly. I have played it against a W wennie, a crapy mill deck and another U/W deck and it did pretty well except that i really need to find a better way to beat them down it takes a long time hitting their life for 2 or 3 damage at a time. The side deck I figured would be counter heavy but I havent really had a chance to put it together. The Emeria land would be cool to add but the deck is more blue then white so i dont really see my self geting to seven plains soon enough to really use it.

Sun Titan is a good win-con and a solid way to keep the combo going for a few more turns, which should prob be gg by then
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that actually looks decent Very Happy

I'd start by cutting the bad cards (owl, scout), adding the 4th preordain (why would you ever play less than 4?), then some leaks/journeys/jaces
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Shooter's considerations...

4 Salvage Scout
4 Shape Anew
2 Mindslaver

2 Sun Titan
4 Jace, TMS

1 Everflowing Chalice
2 Trinket Mage

3 Sea Gate Oracle
4 Preordain
4 Spell Pierce
2 Mana Leak
2 Journey to Nowhere
2 Day of Judgment

4 Glacial Fortress
3 Halimar Depths
5 Island
4 Plains
1 Arid Mesa
1 Scalding Tarn
4 Seachrome Coast
3 Tectonic Edge

and board would prob be like 4 white leyline 2 flashfreeze 2 jace beleren 2 mana leak 2 day of judgment 3 condemn
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so why dont u cut the bad cards and play real uw as that is what you pretty much sb into anyway
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
After Shooter's considerations...

4 Salvage Scout <-- drop to three since it is a late game activation most games.
4 Shape Anew <- easy to counter an only good in certain match ups2 Mindslaver <---easily dropped to a one of
2 Sun Titan <---- heart of the mid rang engine need moar4 Jace, TMS <---- expensive into the roll might be able to hold this slot till you get some
1 Everflowing Chalice <---- nice for setup turn 5 titan2 Trinket Mage <---- Staple need 1 moar of these
3 Sea Gate Oracle <---- no,Grand Architech is faster in this slot4 Preordain <---- need more earlier game set up no draws creatures like centarch and cosi trickster would be better
4 Spell Pierce <---- most a hold card forcing you to react 2 Mana Leak <--- good when you don't have a 2 drop2 Journey to Nowhere <---- this is actually good vs vampire might want to sideboard more or add moar to main
2 Day of Judgment <--- staple keep 24 Glacial Fortress
3 Halimar Depths <--- too slow change for celestials5 Island
4 Plains
1 Arid Mesa
1 Scalding Tarn
4 Seachrome Coast
3 Tectonic Edge <--- If you run spreading seas you don't have to run more than 2 of these.
and board would prob be like 4 white leyline 2 flashfreeze 2 jace beleren 2 mana leak 2 day of judgment 3 condemn
Kurtgrunge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mimic-vat-salvage scout-mindslaver = win if no one did notice
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1