Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Additional cost question

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
wakummaci

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Additional cost question Reply with quote

Just want to be sure about this:

If I cast a card with additional costs of (for example) sacrificing, like devastating summons, I choose X when I cast the spell. Do I sac lands when the spell resolves, or is it necessary to sac X lands in order for the spell to go on the stack.

After all: If I sac my lands and devastating summons gets countered, I've lost X land(s) already, because the card reads "additional cost" ?
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you sac the lands when you pay the mana for the spell
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casting a spell involves declaring it, choosing targets, and paying costs. only thn does it go on the stack. in the case of devastating summons yes uve already lost your lands.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1