Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ask Weedmonkey

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Ask Weedmonkey Reply with quote

Props go to Kaesh for this idea Smile

For my next article, I want to take the time to answer some questions from the M-L community. There may be some policies or practices that you don't quite understand in Magic-League, or perhaps there is something you want to have greater insight on. I'm also more than happy to answer any questions you have regarding yours truly :p

Examples:

- Weedmonkey, how long did it take you to pass the judge test?
- Why is Magic-League's judge test in a different format to the DCI one?

However, there are some boundaries that I will set in what questions you can ask. This is to ensure I'm not trampling on ground ad absurdum, and to ensure that these questions are good.

- If I've already written about it in an article or the answer lies in the Penalty Guidelines or the floor rules, then I won't answer them. I don't want to be repeating things I've already said if I can help it.
- If the question has already been brought up in the forums and discussed by judges/staff, there is a good chance I won't take it either (although I wouldn't be against it if a large number of people wanted to hear a response to it).
- Anything regarding potential decisions will result in a 'This will be discussed when it becomes appropriate'. Ditto on anything regarding staff discussions. This article will not be used to talk about privileged information.
- Use common sense. No trolling/stupidity/etc., otherwise you'll be subject to the same warning and potential banning that anyone else who breaks the forum rules does.

And that's it! Post your questions in a reply to this thread, as well as any comments about other questions in here you want to make Smile

Roo

Last edited by Weedmonkey on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
FLOCKA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I got a question. The only thing that bugs me is the teams. I feel like it could be alot more competitive and fun for everyone, if things were just a tad different.

As of right now, your team really can't compete for master spots if you don't have a judge on your team for mini's or you don't spend a ton of time trying to win a bunch of mini's.

I just feel that if the team points reset every master, it would give a more variety of people able to compete for the master entries (which is a main attraction of teams.) Or a restriction on judges on teams, or something else to help bring on more competitiveness.

Other than that, I've been using M-L since '04 and still think you guys do great things!
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...the thing here is if there is one super active team with a judge, that judge and his teammates can't fill those minis every time...in fact, jfc is the highest point earner and he is not a judge. He plays in my minis, Truth-s minis and basically anything he can...

While I can understand your concern you should keep in mind that just because we are the TCs of a mini doesn't mean we always win them...everyone has a fair chance of entering and winning the tournament.
FLOCKA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I completely understand, which is why I wouldn't expect that to happen anyway Razz My main point is that I just think that if the points were reset quicker, it would add a little more boost to the team section of the site, and it doesn't seem too unreasonable.
magicman85

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you guys post more in depth step-by-step instructions on how to download and install Magic Workstation and the gamepacks (on this page http://www.magic-league.com/guide/play_magic_online.php)?

It seems like nearly every new player doesn't know how to get started playing on Magic-League.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
Why don't you guys post more in depth step-by-step instructions on how to download and install Magic Workstation and the gamepacks (on this page http://www.magic-league.com/guide/play_magic_online.php)?

It seems like nearly every new player doesn't know how to get started playing on Magic-League.

I can answer this one.

Some time ago Wizards released a cease and desist on Magic-league. Essentially they didn't like us supporting MWS because of copyright issues (mainly that the program has the capability to show card images). So Magic-League had to take down any mention of the program and stop officially supporting it.

I'm sure Weedmonkey has a much better and more in depth explanation, or more "technically correct", but that's the gist of it.

If you want a good tutorial, look up Username MagicLeagueTutorials on youtube for some unofficial tutorials on just this
magicrichi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i have to do to be as awesome as you¿
jfc
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

you can stop playing 5 bolts to win a trial and you will be awesome
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much of magic-leagues demographic is female?
Steveman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my opponent has a Darksteel Citadel enchanted by Living Terrain and equipped with Shield of Kaldra and I play Humility, what does that make the Darksteel Citadel?
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveMan wrote:
If my opponent has a Darksteel Citadel enchanted by Living Terrain and equipped with Shield of Kaldra and I play Humility, what does that make the Darksteel Citadel?

Darksteel Citadel
Artifact Creature Land -- Treefolk (Living Terrain does not remove existing types.)
(Darksteel Citadel is green from the effect of Living Terrain.)
(Darksteel Citadel is indestructible from the effect of Shield of Kaldra)
1/1 (Later timestamp of Humility overrides the earlier timestamp of Living Terrain)
TacoMaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weedmonkey, why am I the best thing to happen to Magic-League, yet none of these noobs seem to know about it? Razz
Mykrob56
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TacoMaster wrote:
Weedmonkey, why am I the best thing to happen to Magic-League, yet none of these noobs seem to know about it? Razz

Because I am obviously the best thing to happen to magic league.

/thread.
TacoMaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mykrob56 wrote:
TacoMaster wrote:

Because I am obviously the best thing to happen to magic league.

/thread.

Clearly, you're quite mistaken, and no one even knows who you are, whereas I am 100% serious, and he knows it. Razz
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you feel compelled to write how you write, and what do you think will be gained by doing so?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2