Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UWB midrange control (anti meta)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you're matchup against UB or UW control is going to be too hot. They play more jace than you do.

is the white in this list better than just playing UB control? I don't really think so. You could play a UB control outline with Marsh Flats and Colonaide to support Arbiter if you really need it.

Nothing you are using in white makes me believe you need it.

I like midrange in these colors though, so keep banging it out and see what works.
spudfuss2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like u have to cut the black from this deck...you have double ww in firewalker, linvala santifier, and sun titan. you have double black for hexmage and double blue for the 5 jace just seems like cutting black could help your mana base...
It seems like u probably wanna be playing fauna shaman bant.
TacoMaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esper Control is dead. The mana is terrible in the deck, and you simply don't need to be playing a deck with no focus like this.
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes your manabase is beyond awfull and will lose you alot of games. Your playing 22 coloured sources in a 3 coloured deck which demands uu ww and double bb. There is no way this deck can afford to run tectonic edge and even with thoose removed, it still needs more land.
TacoMaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of a terrible mana base, poor design, and an irrelevant merger of two decks that simply doesn't work... It's 61 cards.
Shinato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep on trying, don't listen to the nerds and netdeckers. You will learn a lot when you keep building your own decks and eventually you get a good one.
TacoMaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinato wrote:
Keep on trying, don't listen to the nerds and netdeckers. You will learn a lot when you keep building your own decks and eventually you get a good one.

Yes, listen to morons who make brash assumptions of others. Deck building is fine. Building a deck with a worse mana base than Jund and then putting ridiculous requirements, which are completely unnecessary, on the aforementioned mana base is just insane.
Asukafan2288

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi you are runing alot of 2 colored spells i would drop them heres my take at it for you to try out its been doing ok but not great but not bad too

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
3 [M11] Drowned Catacomb
3 [SOM] Darkslick Shores
4 [WWK] Creeping Tar Pit
2 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
2 [SOM] Plains (1)
5 [SOM] Island (1)
4 [SOM] Swamp (1)

// Creatures
3 [ROE] Sea Gate Oracle
2 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
2 [M11] Grave Titan

// Spells
3 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek
3 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
4 [M11] Doom Blade
4 [M11] Mana Leak
3 [M11] Negate
3 [SOM] Stoic Rebuttal
2 [M11] Jace's Ingenuity
3 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 [SOM] Venser, the Sojourner
3 [M11] Preordain

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
SB: 4 [SOM] Memoricide
SB: 2 [ROE] Consume the Meek
SB: 2 [SOM] Volition Reins
SB: 3 [10E] Flashfreeze

now i do run 3 colors but i splash only one of them the hole of the deck is only 2 colors and lot of its one colored mana to play then yes you will need 2 mana to play them but it esaly duabile

i am thinking about droping a ratch boom do to alot of the time i want those 2 mana oppen to manaleak or negat stuff and with it being tied up for ratch boom it just dose not stop the outher cards yes it can kill them but you need to get alot of counters on it fast and that takes alot of time for me when i play this deck some time the negate is not good and i might try to cut them for some 3 cmc countersppl or maybe more land or some thing else its a work in progess deck but its fun

the main thing is it dose not need 2 of one color to play fast like your deck dose so i would cut all the kor in the deck pluse the leonin to get more space and add 1 more Darkslick Shores then add more darw or more counters but you at laest need to get the dubile mana costing stuff out of here..anyway thats just me..bye
Shinato

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TacoMaster wrote:
Shinato wrote:

Yes, listen to morons who make brash assumptions of others. Deck building is fine. Building a deck with a worse mana base than Jund and then putting ridiculous requirements, which are completely unnecessary, on the aforementioned mana base is just insane.

Get yourself a life.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1