Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weedmonkey Wants Feedback

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Weedmonkey Wants Feedback Reply with quote

Being well aware that this could potentially blow up in my face (and realising I made a mistake on an issue a matter of minutes before I made this thread), I came to a decision yesterday that today I was going to ask you, the M-L community, for feedback. On me.

December will mark one year since I first became an administrator here on Magic-League. In that time, I know I've done things that have impressed people, done things that have disappointed people, and butted heads with everyone from regular players to judges to other staff members.

While I do have my own perception on what my strengths and weeaknesses are, I want to know how the community considers me as an administrator now that I have been in this position for almost a year. While I understand that there are members of the community who I am both popular and unpopular with, I want this to be as objective as possible regarding my performance as an administrator.

Note that this is not an opportunity to troll, flame or otherwise make an idiot out of yourselves. Anyone who wants to make half-assed comments will not find the results pleasant.

So, tell me here what you think of me. The more in detail the better Smile.

Roo
Ansore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I can't say too much because I wasn't in m-l before you become an administrator.

Still, I can say that I like how you're doing your job until now Very Happy

regards
wiltstorm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, uve done a good job trying to keep converage alive, u ran a trial while getting attacked by pigeons

and if u can get sealed working again i will vote you prez of M-L
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can ban tuga from posting that would be the best Razz
Florasten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not here for long time so I can't really talk ; the only thing I can say is that every time I need you, you there and that's the important for me.
I remember last trial, when site was down and you ran it in swiss ronde, everybody was in panic and you did exactly what a good administrator would have done.
You make live this league, good job and good kiss from France. Wink
EMerbaum

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel you have done a really good job
Truth-
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate you! You call yourself "Roo" but resemble nothing of a true kangaroo. What the hell is that. LIAR! I trusted you. I was under the impression that I was talking to a kangaroo! Then your damn channel peak is higher than mine. That makes me furious! Why wouldn't people want to chill in my room? We have the best trolls around. Basically I am saying just stop doing your job and leave.
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, during the time that I was a judge, you were a great help. You took the time to discuss all the questions I had about rulings, and helped me get used to judging. Also, you do a lot for this community, making scripts, working on the site, and judging. I don't think people here really appreciate how much work you put in as a volunteer. Not one of these judges HAS to do any of this, they all volunteer, and you in particular put in A LOT of work. On top of that, you were fun to judge with. Keep it up monkey!
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of giving positive feedback. I'm a fan of helping people what they can improve:

Andrew starts too many things. Everything he can think of that could improve the league. Unfortunately, many projects have dead ends. I believe one can do a better job by putting the effort into less projects.
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it speaks volumes for yourself that your prepared to do this. I have little to do with the league anymore, so I do not really have much more to say than this:< but I'm not really playing any magic atm.

However i think it's really good when the top dog asks for criticism rather than the somewhat fascist approach the league has pretty much adhered to in the past,
R_I_P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the author of this thread mentioned, this was a place for objective feedback. This thread is not for you to slander judges. If you have an issue with a judge, you do the correct thing and email the judge director.

This is a warning. Any future behavior like this and you will find yourself banned from the forums.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree totally with Trotsky.

I'd like to add that I've known you for a while, as much as you can know anyone through IRC. Roo, you're a good guy. A little messed up in the head most the time and you can go through bouts of homo-moodiness (tm), but whatever.

You're the mascot of M-L. Without you, we're left with Flippi. Does anyone want that? Not me, I'd rather have Hitler as the M-L mascot than Flippi. What is a Flippi anyway? Is that like the act of flipping someone off done quickly, or is it someone who uses apprentice, then goes "Srry, can't host, lol" and then "srry, no hamachi, lol" and then goes "#flips?".

I heard that Flippi was named as such because his family inbreeded so much that Flippi was born with flippers.

At any rate, Roo, whatever you got going on in your life, just know that you have a lot of friends you've never met all across the world. If you ever need to raise an army to take over Australia or Canadia, or wherever the hell you are at now...
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R_I_P wrote:
well, i think u have to work in yours judges, they all sucks rullings things, your self even don't know the rules of pass priority or things like that, yesterday u rule agains me a really really BAD DESISSION and i told u that go and take class of judging and u ban me i think that for ever, so pay attention to that.

the other thing is about the limited sealed and the draft mini tourneys. limited gone from Magic-league i know that is for the hosting and all the troubles that concerns make a sealed pool... but at least make ur TCs do mini drafts.

well that is all.

bye bye

< flame >
Spend less time learning the rules of Magic, and more time learning the language of English.
< /flame >
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1