Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building landfall boros

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Kurtgrunge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Building landfall boros Reply with quote

I've been toying around on a landfall boros list,since there are many uw/ramp decks in t2 i have to adjust it to the metagame(sideboard included),here's the list i'm tuning,all constructive comments are accepted :

24 lands :

4 Marsh flats
4 Arid mesa
4 Scalding tarn
3 Teetering peaks
4 Mountain
5 Plains

20 creatures :

4 Steppe linx
4 Plated geopede
4 Goblin guide
2 Stoneforge mystic
4 Kor skyfisher
2 Kor hookmaster

16 spells :

4 Lightning bolt
2 Burst Lightning
1 Adventuring gear
1 Sword of body and mind
1 Infiltration Lens
4 staggershock
3 Journey to nowhere

Sideboard

4 Mark of mutiny
3 Kor Firewalker
3 Shatter
3 Cunning Sparkmage
1 Basilisk Collar
1 Journey to nowhere

Actually,i haven't been too happy with staggershock,so i guess i'll have to throw them away for some cheaper burn spell or creatures like elite vanguard,running summoning bushwacker combo doesn't seems to fit very well with the rest of the deck but i haven't tried it,i'm not sure about Sword of body and mind since i find Swords of vengeance more useful in most games.
Talking about cards that i'm not sure i'll play in sideboard :

3 shatter,need an answer to rachet bomb since pithing needle isn't viable anymore but still a bad card.
1 Journey to nowhere,it's there just because i had 1 space and didn't know how to fill it
Any suggestion?
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recomend manac vandal over shatter, costs 1 more but its a 2/2 infiltration lens isnt that good, i would run some more adventuring gear
Kurtgrunge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
i recomend manac vandal over shatter, costs 1 more but its a 2/2 infiltration lens isnt that good, i would run some more adventuring gear

Yes i've tried them but i find more versatile the fact that shatter is istant,so i can destroy the bomb while they charge it since if they already have 1 counter they will respond to the trigger by saccing the bomb,and sometimes vandals just have to sit in your hands because if you have an artifact in play you are obliged to destroy it if you cast em
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 1 infiltration lens is actually good in here. Against the naya type matchups you're going to have to go to the middle game most of the time, and it almost assuredly gets you 1 activation, if not more.

Don't think you need that many journey to nowhere. it leads to clunky slow draws.

I think kor hookmaster could be kor duelist.

Searing blaze is probably better than staggershock. Every deck in the current new format will have targets for you on time except for valakut, and you have plenty for them in the board with 4 mark of munity.

Maindecking the collar/sparkmage combo might have some value as well.
ducttape4you

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Fling for decks like this, as it can cut your clock by a full turn or two if you swing and fling a big scary lynx or geopede
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1