Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memnite Shayamalan (A goblin variant)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Xeno

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Memnite Shayamalan (A goblin variant) Reply with quote

Lands//
13x Mountain
4x Arid Mesa
4x Scalding Tarn

Creatures//
4x Memnite
4x Goblin Bushwacker
4x Goblin Chieftain
3x Warren Instigator
4x Goblin Guide

Artifacts//
4x Panic Spellbomb
3x Darksteel Axe

Enchantments//
2x Quest For the Goblin Lord

Spells//
4x Kuldotha Rebirth
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Burst Lightning

Haven't encountered Ratchet Bomb. Seems bad for me....
Memnite to 3x 1/1 Goblins followed by a bushwacker is a pretty strong play it seems.
Sigil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied from the sticky..

3. Competitive or Not?

Any thread posted in the Competitive forum will be moved to Casual unless it has the following is achieved by haveing 2 or more of these items:

* A decklist including a sideboard
* An analysis of your anticipated metagame
* Analysis of at least 3 major matchups
* Testing Results
* Won an FNM or has won a large online tournament (Must include a report)
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have 21 lands. galvanic blast >>>> burst lightning. quest for goblin lord is intriguing but ultimately takes too much effort. it also dies to ratchet bomb.

warren instigator does like *nothing* for you. play the spikeshot elder obv. cheaper, deals more, and is much more versatile.

if you're afraid of the bomb you can play around it by adding land-destruction to sideboard. side out the aggro plan and go into ruinblaster, melt terrain, rolling terrain, and lodestone golem.

fetches don't do much for you. i would just run 22 lands so that a sideboard plan of 11 anti-land cards and iron myr is more plausible. also u can't beat kor firewalker atm.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. i lol'd at your decklsit title. sadly the lsit is as bad as the production of The Last Airbender.
muskogee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would play infiltration lens over the axe for card draw it's easy to run out of steem against another aggro deck.
R0B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSNACKSx wrote:
So I'm assuming you came with the title after realizing this list is horrible, much like the village, only to discover outside of the village there's bigger and better decks.

Lmao. Wink

But in all seriousness, did you just put Memnite in this deck so that you could call the deck "Memnite Shayamalan?" The Memnite doesn't seem to have any actual reason to be here... It's like a goblin deck with four card spaces wasted...
JustKenny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R0B wrote:

But in all seriousness, did you just put Memnite in this deck so that you could call the deck "Memnite Shayamalan?" The Memnite doesn't seem to have any actual reason to be here... It's like a goblin deck with four card spaces wasted...

Really? bushwacker+Kuldotha Rebirth = me jizzing my pants

he included Memnite so i would jizz my pants.....
that simple.
R0B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddawg wrote:
R0B wrote:

Really? bushwacker+Kuldotha Rebirth = me jizzing my pants

he included Memnite so i would jizz my pants.....
that simple.

Two spells to get three 1/1 goblin tokens? Seems like there are better things you could do with those card slots. If you draw BOTH of those in your opening hand, it's alright, but then turn three I have enough out to stop anything he could possibly have.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1