Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SoM Br aggro

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

duress vs lightning bolt
duress
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
lightning bolt
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

paulallan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: SoM Br aggro Reply with quote

with the amount of creature decks that have been popping up i think a creature control/aggro deck could be big, i also think sweepers will be in big demand, there is quite alot of good removal if you look hard enough the only decks that won't be running creature or very few creatures will be the valakut builds and plainswalkers but Br has enough hate for these decks.

my deck list first draft

25 land
4 [CARD]blackcleave cliffs[/CARD]
4 [CARD]dragonskull summit[/CARD]
4 [CARD]lavaclaw reaches[/CARD]
2 [CARD]mountain[/CARD]
11 [CARD]swamp[/CARD]

17 creatures
4 [CARD]gatekeeper of malakir[/CARD]
4 [CARD]nantuko shade[/CARD]
3 [CARD]skinrender[/CARD]

4 [CARD]abyssal persecutor[/CARD]
2 [CARD]grave titan[/CARD]

18 others
4 [CARD]brittle effigy[/CARD]
4 [CARD]lightning bolt[/CARD]
3 [CARD]vendetta[/CARD]
4 [CARD]pyroclasm[/CARD]
3 [CARD]consuming vapors[/CARD]

15 sideboard
4 [CARD]goblin ruinblaster[/CARD]
4 [CARD]demolish[/CARD]
4 [CARD]vampire hexmage[/CARD]
3 [CARD]chain reaction[/CARD]

the land is set up to be able to resist spreading seas and other land disruption with 14 red sources and 23 black i found adding the 2 mountains works well

the gatekeepers are a form of card advantage they also work well a turn after pyroclasm

nantuko shade is just a great 2 drop answer me now card which i want them to waste removal on and can hold the board on its own sometimes forcing the opponant to use a doj on it.

skinrender is much the same as the gatekeeper just card advantage only you get to pick the target which is cool.

4 abyssal persecutors is the way to go another answer me now card 6/6 flying trample he's the man the opponant has to answer it or be beat into the red zone really fast and there is no draw back with 14 ways to remove it youself, this demon can also hold the board by itself, personally i think these guys are the best but each to there own Smile.

The 2 grave titans are for if the game has dragged on to long, when it hits the board allsorts of fun stuff happens (honestly i've seen people wee there pants), panic sets in as the try to answer it and the card advantage is fantastic if it sticks not long before its game.

the spells are just all removal i main boarded 4 pyroclasm as a form of card advantage on the draw against some decks it can be devastating

e.g boros

white weenie

eldrazi / beastmaster

myr

rdw

with the inclusion of this card means the gatekeepers and consuming vapors hit bigger and better stuff the vapors are another form of card advatage even if you dont hit a second creature with it you've basically time walked your opponant or killed of your own abyssal persecutor,

the brittle effigy is in as another way to kill the persecutor and as a good form of removal that gets rid of vengevine, emerkul, the new metalcraft phoenix and loads of other annoying stuff, the vendettas and lightning bolts are just the best at what they do.

the card that i really wanted to fit in the main board was duress but went with the lightning bolts because top decking a duress is bad, but still i'm up in the air about duress vs lightning bolt ?.

the sideboard

demolish + ruinblaster are for valakut been able to destroy 8 lands should be enough i'd only need to draw 2 maybe 3,

demolish also hits artifact which will become relevant

vampire hexmage for the planeswalkers (duress would help here aswell)

chain reaction for the hyper aggresive monster decks

well thats the deck i'll be using for a while when my 3 skinrender and 4 blackcleave cliffs arrive, but for now using 3 lord of shatterskull pass and 4 akoum refuge as proxy's i'll let you'll know how it goes, and please feel free to comment and rip it to shreds Smile

yours paulallan
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weren't you killed with an ax to the face?
Sigil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the English language...
roronoa_zoro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very slow against ramp, maybe tunnel ignus or memoricide
Lynolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard dots are tech... Mr. Green
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the list I have been playing and have only lost one game so far with it. The only card that seems really disappointing so far is the single Fling. The maindeck ingus has been fun watching people play fetches and waiting a turn to use it.
The MVP of the deck so far is the masticore I am thinking of trying to add another one. The single Nighthawk has come through to save the day against Eldrazi Elves so he's earned his keep on my end.
The sideboard is kinda random but it has seemed to work so far.
I've played against 3 UW control, 1 mirror, and 1 Eldrazi Elves that is all I've tested so far and the only game I lost was against the mirror when I was stuck on 2 lands.
I guess I just want to play my promofling and that is why it's in here. I chose wurmcoil engine over Gravetitan because I sold my titans for primeval titans and I'll soon have 2 wurmcoil engines from prerelease. I guess I don't need to explain everything to you but I figured this was better than asking how you're not rotting in a vat of acid in hells kitchen.

// Lands
10 [SOM] Swamp (1)
1 [M11] Terramorphic Expanse
4 [SOM] Blackcleave Cliffs
1 [M11] Mountain (3)
4 [WWK] Lavaclaw Reaches
4 [M11] Dragonskull Summit

// Creatures
3 [WWK] Abyssal Persecutor
2 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
2 [SOM] Molten-Tail Masticore
3 [SOM] Tunnel Ignus
2 [SOM] Spikeshot Elder
1 [ZEN] Vampire Nighthawk
4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
4 [ZEN] Gatekeeper of Malakir

// Spells
2 [ROE] Sarkhan the Mad
4 [M11] Lightning Bolt
2 [ROE] Consuming Vapors
1 [M11] Fling
3 [M11] Doom Blade
3 [M11] Sign in Blood

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [SOM] Steel Hellkite
SB: 3 [M11] Duress
SB: 2 [M11] Manic Vandal
SB: 3 [ZEN] Vampire Hexmage
SB: 3 [SOM] Memoricide
SB: 2 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solid list. Midrange may in fact have a place in the metagame after all.

I think vendetta is pretty awful though. Doom blade hits nearly 95% of the format right now.

Wouldn't mono black be better for you though? Just bolt and clasm seems like you're stretching for something you don't really need very much.

You could play Philactery Lich and more artifacts, but this seems kinda obvious.

Maindeck Duress x4 is the only thing that would make me play black right now.

Also you could go to a Comsume the Meek plan post board against smaller decks. They can chump shade all day usually, and losing gatekeeper aint no thang.

Great list though, really like the midrange black stuff right now.
paulallan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking forwards to testing my deck tonight, let you know how it goes Smile
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol tunnel ingus and wizards were trying to take the dirty shit out of magic LOL.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1