Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mirrodin's white sun

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Mirrodin's white sun Reply with quote

so... I went ahead and went ahead. I built a deck.

4 Celestial Colonnade
4 Island
2 Sejiri Refuge
4 Tectonic Edge
4 Glacial Fortress
4 mystifying maze

4 Steel Overseer
4 Trinket Mage
4 Palladium Myr
4 Etched Champion
4 Sun Titan

2 Basilisk Collar
3 Brittle Effigy
4 Origin Spellbomb
4 flight spellbomb
1 Chimeric Mass
4 Day of Judgment

curve:

1: -------------
2: ----
3: ------------
4: ----
5:
6: ----
X: -

so this seems like a pretty aggressive deck for a control build... but I like it for quite a few reasons. it can curve perfectly in many ways including into a turn 4 sun titan (and if not turn 4 DoJ), it can afford the 22 land and mostly colorless manabase because it's digging through itself so much (spellbombs, trinket mage) and it has a capability of getting really big, really fast (steel overseer + origin spellbomb, palladium myr, etched champion. that's 16 growers, more when sun titan gets a hold of origin spellbomb)

and then finally there's a good host of tools available to it. especially the sun titan + trinket mage + toolbox configuration. grabbing a basilisk collar to bring up the life total, a chimeric mass to bring in the beats, (only truly good late game, why not trinket mage it up when you're ready?), brittle effigy for removal, and origin spellbomb for that extra growing elvish visionary, or flight spellbomb for that nice recurring and cantripping flying.
zebo_88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you replace flight spellbombs with that myr galvanizer? it would be pretty more effective i think, and maybe u can take out a basilisk collar, you need only one since u can bring it out with trinket.. however the idea is nice.. Smile
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... the problem I see with myr galvanizer is that it's a lord for only 8 other cards in my deck. while it's true that it would occasionally lead to an infinite chimeric mass, i don't think it's quite worth it.

I DO agree, however, that the flight spellbomb needs replacing... but i'm thinking something more along the lines that fulfill all the same purposes I had it in there for. it was in there for metalcraft enabling (2/2 pro all colors is pretty good), it was in there for digging (usually for mana)... and it was in there as an option for trinket mage.

perhaps if I were to use everflowing chalice, it'd run better? I think it's quite a likely change.
Lozober

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Tip Reply with quote

You REALLY need to change 1 collar for 1 mox opal. i mean, with many artifacts AND using trinket mage, why not a free land?
tinman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im looking for ...survey says MYRSMITH!!!
yokai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MYRSMITH smells bad
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1