Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ravager Affinity

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Ravager Affinity Reply with quote

ALRIGHT, this deck I have constructed besides the Sideboard. I'll just post a deck here with the link to the explanations...

4x Ornithopter
4x Frogmite
4x Myr Enforcer
4x Arcbound Worker
4x Arcbound Ravager
4x Master of Etherium
4x Disciple of the Vault

4x Aether Vial
4x Springleaf Drum
4x Cranial Plating
3x Thoughtcast
4x Seat of the Synod
4x Vault of Whispers
4x Darksteel Citadel
2x Tree of Tales
2x Glimmervoid
1x City of Brass

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=150048

This deck is years old... well, the posting anyway. I would like to at least once a month update this deck with current build stratagies and sideboard. But FIRST: I NEED YOUR INPUT. Ill list a couple of cards I have been looking and and what it will replace, as well as cards to be taken out of the deck to make room for those cards.

Im not going to discuss why the cards are in there, the other site already covers that. I want to make this deck competitive Vs combo and the other decks out there, ZOO, MERFOLK, TENDRILS, and COUNTERTOP.

The decklist was pretty much dead with people runniing off colors, and its inneficient to do that given the limited manabase of artifact lands with no search ability... and SOM is here soon, given at least 2 must have in clusions in the deck (0cc worker replacement, mox that works on turn 1 despite metalcraft)

I want to discuss THE build, theoretically winning build. I'm not going to be discussing old cards, just pretty much whats in T2 ATM, other cards have been discussed at length and haven't made the cut.

So lets make room for the new cards:

-4 Aether Vial (Its meh now, the deck is as fast as it is, by turn 3 your hand should be empty, can boost out 1 maybe 2 creatures if drawn and played from opening hand, but this is affinity, not Tier 1 and dosent have to be perfect... remove them...)

-4 Myr Enforcer (I WIN.... more... thats not whats needed, often im tapping out to play him even with his affinity, lets remove him, get our opening hand better with a medicore draw, cause with a medicore draw enforcer wont help wanyway.

Cards to consider:
[SOM] MEMNITE; for free its a worker without the ability to gine it's +1/+1 to someone else... w/e +1/+1 not that big of a deal... ramping up artifacts, that's whats its about, and for free? hell yeah!

[SOM] GALVANIC BLAST; depending how you do your lands, its an off color but always better then lightning bolt, no clue how it'll work.

[SOM] MOX OPAL; ya need 3 mana.... for the power of vintage Moxen? uh oh... Turn 1: Artifact land, ornithopther or memnite, mox... cranial plating, frogmite, Turn 2 massive beats? Legendary is the worst part of it, if there is a way to be able to draw a second without it being dead, or hell, run 4, draw 3 of them, how is it going to be used? Too good to run 1-2 but legendary and cant run 4.

[SOM] Indomitable Archangel; Hanna's custody for a double white, moxen, springleaf and a fix of the current lasnd will allow the WW casting cost...

[SOM] Tempered Steel; well, turn 3 youd have your hand empty, hopefully ready to attack with 3-4 critters... its an extra 6 damage, critters cant be easily burned or blocked now. It's not an artifact and has WW in it's casting cost... it's a 50/50 as I see until I can actually play it

Disciple of the Vault; whats this card do now? It's good conditionally but if I'm losing stuff I want to be able to get something from it. -1 life per disciple? really good. by itself, nothing, I'd rather my beasts be alive, powering the lord or cranial plating then in my graveyard, great finisher if opponent is low on life with a sac outlet, or just opponent is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't block... whats up with this card now?

Arcbound Ravager; just a 1/1, no... A sacrifice outlet far artifacts that are in danger, or you have a disiple out and want to end the game, or hell pump out ornithopter... I want less tricks in the deck, and Disciple is becoming a trick, a 1/1 itself dosent add to affinity, protect anything or is viable to attack, you can if you want but you lose the ability that its in the deck for.

Ive been thinking... 3 ravages not 4, no Disciples, enforcers, workers replaced my the free 1/1's. there are more cards to concider then just the new ones, but the new ones are currently driving the affinity discussion.

as for replying to this thread, it to improve the current deck, not to overhaul it, minor play tested and proven changes will be made, and if in the end the deck is completely different then so be it.

That is all for now, Ill make an installment on Tier 1 deck (merfolk) to come, inputs appreciated...
Bradgasm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you seriously talking about cutting Ravagers and Enforcers??????
swartWolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tangle wire!!!
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe_mauer wrote:
I wouldn't cut the ravangers, but I agree that the enforcer is a win more card. However, I think you need to take this deck in a different direction. More aggro control maybe. Affinty isn't fast enough to handle the Legacy metagame, it's not being hated out or anything. Try good aggro control cards like force of will and cabal therapy. Maybe even something new like epochsite, good with ravanger and therapy. Thats my two cents.

Not saying I want a theme deck, but there are other aggro control decks out there.

As for the ravagers, if I get rid of disciples then its combat tricks, efficient yes. Scars isn't out yet so I haven't changed anything yet, there just thoughts.

Like I said Enforcers make a good hand better, more then one occasion Id have to hold onto them cause I cant play them. I would rather have a card that makes an OK hand better, gotta test the

Epochrasite: 2 mana for a 1/1 is less efficient then the other creatures here, and waiting 3 turns to get him back is not so good in my opinion, the best games Ive had have me with an empty hand by or on turn 3, then there dead soon after.

I would not cut the springleaf drum for 4 Mox Opal, It's legendary and not a card you MUST have in play, 2-3 will be fine, when I get 2 I'll be running 2 and testing 3 springleaf drum. Having the access to colored mana is awesome, and the drum can just tap a memninte, ornithopter etc.

Thoughtcast: I like card draw, alot, and I would never see myself playing without draw, and for it being cheap... thoughtcast is good...

couple of weeks, ill be testing the deck out hopefully with changes.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1