Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here are a few cards from Scars

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Branhamcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Here are a few cards from Scars Reply with quote

http://www.gatheringmagic.com/scars-of-mirrodin-spoilers-0249/

Let me know what you think about them so far
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The planeswalkers seem ok. It was about time Wizards realized how powerful they can be (I'm looking at you, Jace, the Wallet Sculptor!). The new mox really disappointed me, and everyone, I'm sure, mostly because it's legendary, which seems stupid in all sorts of ways. I'm glad it's a "wasted mythic". The two fatties, Steel Hellkite and Wurmcoil Engine, are what I'm more excited about. Man, I love fatties, and I love them even more when they have potencial to reach the Constructed shelves! Also, metalcraft seems like a stupid ability.

Say, have you noticed the background symbols on the cards too? Go Mirrans! Mr. Green
Branhamcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like both planeswalkers...I think they will both be abused. The mox let me down big and I do hate that its a legend. I love Memnite and both fatties the Wurmcoil Engine is very nice especially with all the ramp that is going on now. And actually im not that disappointed with metalcraft as an ability infact I think its very fitting with this next block.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh poison is back!
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny how Magic can be compared to money and gold. Someone will be able to afford all the Mythics in the set "gold", the rest of us will barely receive some of this "gold" and the rest of us just will build crappy decks to lose to the decks packed with "gold". So in conclusion if you win and have a lot of "gold" in your deck, you didn't really win anything, because it takes no skill to spend "gold" or a lot of money it is sad that its unbearably true. Mythics are just ruining the game, and getting rid of creativity by replacing it with super powerful cards most players can't get which are Mythics for that matter. They very difficult to pull out of packs, and boxes rarely getting the one you want. Then there is buying these Mythics as singles, which is almost as ridiculous as buying several boxes or more just to complete a single deck without trading a lot to get them.

In conclusion I hate Mythics since they are a 4th Rarity, which makes having a competitive deck a wallet ripper, then just to find out later on you lose to a different deck, making your investment a waste of money... because you built a bad deck...
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mox is unplayable, maybe in t1 only
BlackPen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that mythics are bad for magic. There are ways around it though. I suggest you make more friends w/ good cards at your shops and borrow cards. Also instead of going out for drinks, you can spend that money on your collection if you really enjoy magic. Before every big tourney i spend nearly todays borrowing cards from my friends who play magic.

About the cards. I think the plainswalkers are pretty good but im unhappy that u/w seem to be getting all the good ones. I think the mox is done well. It will be a niche card and decks wont want to play too many of them.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you complain about mythics winning games on their own i think you need to stop sucking at magic
soymilk77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can wizards stop giving U/W walkers???? gosh, they hav jace and gideon already. They should help out other decks instead.
mox opal is a huge disapointment for me and i dont like the metalcraft mechanism. wurmcoil engine looks really interesting altho it should not be a mythic..
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell_Nash wrote:
MORE WHITE PLANESWALKERS!

I like the planeswalkers because:

A) they are narrow. It looks like they are going to be good in a certain archetype of deck. Not just a staple of the color.

B) they don't immediately strike me as overpowered.

Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon is much larger and more badass then I would have imagined a creature with infect would be.

Cards like Steady Progress and Tumble Magnet look really cool.

I like the Metalcraft mechanic but I wish they didn't just make it automatically 3. It seems like it would have opened up design space if they made the number variable.

Mox Opal is cute and will probably be a niche card somewhere sometime

Wurmcoil Engine is a freaking beating.

i agree about metalcrafting im not sure how those are going to be yet well have to see what other artifacts come out in the set
zebo_88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes its not completely true that a mythic rare wins alone, unfortunately costs have really grown, but my worst fear is that mythics are killing limited, that's a format i really like much also cause its much cheaper than constructed and there players' skill counts twice.
Said this, i find really interesting this new set, hoping they have learned from the first mirrodin block how to balance artifact mechanics and colored cards, maybe the new mox is finding something in t1 but doing crap in other formats, next months i'm really curious to learn how will all this work.
I really liked green metalcraft fatties! Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1