Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono Green Aggro

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Mono Green Aggro Reply with quote

This is the MGA deck I mentioned in a previous post. Tested against RDW so far with surprising results (7/8 rounds won).

// Mono Green Aggro (Also known as: "Dr. Greenthumb, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love The Pot")

// Lands
20 [M11] Forest (2)

// Creatures
4 [M11] Birds of Paradise (Llanowar Elves)
4 [ROE] Vengevine
4 [M11] Obstinate Baloth
4 [WWK] Leatherback Baloth
4 [M10] Great Sable Stag
4 [M11] Garruk's Companion
4 [CFX] Noble Hierarch

// Spells
4 [ZEN] Vines of Vastwood
4 [ZEN] Primal Bellow
4 [ROE] Momentous Fall

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [M10] Fog
SB: 3 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [M11] Plummet
SB: 4 [M11] Autumn's Veil

I have no idea what to SB, so I just took a guess. Maybe Naturalize? Iunno. Anywho...This decks appears to gonna cost me 120 bucks for just the playset of Vengevines.....F**K YOU HASBRO! Vengevine may be a good card, but it should not have the same price tag as a F**KING BADLAND.

I hate mythic rares...other than that, the rest of this deck can be picked up for pretty cheap. Gonna test some more and report back with the findings, but everything appears on the up and up!!!
ChrRome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Mono G Deck Top 8'ed an event and has done fairly well so far through testing. You should give it a try as well. Also, Eldrazi Monument seems like a must include for a Mono G Aggro deck.

4 Arbor Elf
4 Elvish Archdruid
2 Elvish Visionary
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
4 Joraga Warcaller
3 Leatherback Baloth
4 Llanowar Elves
2 Nissa Revane
2 Nissa's Chosen
4 Wolfbriar Elemental

2 Bestial Menace
3 Eldrazi Monument

19 Forest
2 Khalni Garden
2 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood

Sideboard:
2 Acidic Slime
1 Back to Nature
2 Great Sable Stag
2 Master of the Wild Hunt
2 Pithing Needle
3 Vines of Vastwood
3 Windstorm
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasbro doesnt make single prices stop complaining. badlands isnt played nearly as much as vengevine anyway
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell are you talking about Gypsy? Magic was actually affordable before this whole Mythic Rare crap. F**k Hasbro for taking a move out of Yu-Gi-Oh's playbook. Btw, more and more every day, this game is seeming like that impossibly-haired crap-fest of a game.

Oh, and I'll test Eldrazi Monument, but I'm not entirely sure I like that card. Perhaps a 2-3 if at all.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what u said still doesnt invalidate my point. good mythics are high because theyre played in a lot of decks. wizards doesnt control the price of singles they just make cards. if all the cards sucked there would still be some better than others and those would still cost more. i think the idea of mythic rares was good i just dont think wotc could have predicted the dramatic price increase compared to normal chase rare value. cant afford it dont play. dont like where the game is going dont play
mchosa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zemuppet = jamie wakefield, gypsy = hasbro employee

obv
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I hafta be Jamie Wakefield?

I'd rather be....like uhhh.....Gfo or something....
DivineHeresy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignorance makes me IncrediAnnoyed. I just don't understand bitching about something you CHOOSE to do. You openly state that you're AWARE of the prices, and you bitch about it and STILL play.

If you think you're helping anything; think again. Bitching gets you NOWHERE. If you want to change things, stop playing. Try to get other people to stop playing. Attack their wallets, not random people on magic-league.com forums. I can tell you right now, that will NEVER work, either, but it will get you a hell of a lot further than ostracizing people you're asking for help.

About the deck, that sideboard is 15 bad, useless cards. Also, the mainboard is about 30 useless cards. Primal bellow, and Momentous Fall do NOTHING to get you ahead, and Giant Growth > Bellow. 20 land is nowhere NEAR enough, even with 8 mana birds. You're trying to cast Vengevine, Baloth, and Momentous Fall with 20 lands. Which is doable, with the 8 Mana Birds, but doesn't make much sense. Every one of those cards, save for Fall, is BETTER if you play it earlier. So playing the Mana Birds in place of land doesn't actually get you ahead.

The sideboard is aimed at... nothing. Maybe try some Acidic Slime and Mold Shambler to attack their resources. If you up the land count, you can reliably cast these a turn or two earlier, and enough of them in a game can end it.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredibad wrote:
Ignorance makes me IncrediAnnoyed. I just don't understand bitching about something you CHOOSE to do. You openly state that you're AWARE of the prices, and you bitch about it and STILL play.

If you think you're helping anything; think again. Bitching gets you NOWHERE. If you want to change things, stop playing. Try to get other people to stop playing. Attack their wallets, not random people on magic-league.com forums. I can tell you right now, that will NEVER work, either, but it will get you a hell of a lot further than ostracizing people you're asking for help.

About the deck, that sideboard is 15 bad, useless cards. Also, the mainboard is about 30 useless cards. Primal bellow, and Momentous Fall do NOTHING to get you ahead, and Giant Growth > Bellow. 20 land is nowhere NEAR enough, even with 8 mana birds. You're trying to cast Vengevine, Baloth, and Momentous Fall with 20 lands. Which is doable, with the 8 Mana Birds, but doesn't make much sense. Every one of those cards, save for Fall, is BETTER if you play it earlier. So playing the Mana Birds in place of land doesn't actually get you ahead.

The sideboard is aimed at... nothing. Maybe try some Acidic Slime and Mold Shambler to attack their resources. If you up the land count, you can reliably cast these a turn or two earlier, and enough of them in a game can end it.

You need to stop worrying and learn to love the pot. Btw, I hope you mom kills herself. I will take the things you said about the deck into consideration.
DivineHeresy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would smoke pot, but I am not a fucking idiot. I don't want to spend $20 to make myself hungry enough to spend $40 on food. My idea of a good high is about 40MGs of oxycontin.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my best friends is addicted to OCs. It fucking sucks. He actually kicked it for a while and became an alcoholic. I love irony. I don't get the munchies off weed anymore like I did when I first started. In fact, after I started smoking weed, I've found that my brain is more in control of my body. Plus, sex is a million times better stoned.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all responsible for our bodies and what we do with them is our own business, even if it does affect other people. But at any rate, I'm still able to function normally while stoned, so mine isn't so much a time investment as you would assume.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mono Green Aggro version 2

22 [M11] Forest (2)

4 [CFX] Noble Hierarch
4 [ROE] Vengevine
4 [M11] Obstinate Baloth
4 [M10] Great Sable Stag
4 [WWK] Leatherback Baloth
4 [M11] Garruk's Companion
4 [M11] Birds of Paradise
4 [ZEN] Vines of Vastwood
2 [ROE] Momentous Fall
4 [ZEN] Primal Bellow

SB: 3 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
SB: 4 [M11] Autumn's Veil
SB: 4 [ZEN] Summoning Trap

MD is pretty much the same, except -2 Momentous Fall and +2 Forests. The side board has improved dramatically, but like I said, I had no idea what the matchups were gonna be like (I just started back playing Magic again) so I gave it a best effort. This SB is still in no way a final draft, but I've moved in some things to help out my weak matchups.

Relic is there for the Pyromancer's Ascension, but I'm thinking Naturalize may work better. I love Autumn's Veil (plus I have a really hot chick friend of mine who's named Autumn and who plays Magic, so Iunno, it's ironic). I'm thinking of cutting either Autumn's Veil or Summoning Trap for Naturalize. Some opinions here would be nice... I dunno, I'm gonna test the Pyromancer Matchup with Relic, but it may be that Naturalize works better...in that case, I'll just switch out Relic for Naturalize.

Do many Ascension decks run Into the Roil md?

I'll also post more on the matchups, but it looks like Jund is another really good matchup, which kinda surprises me a bit.
OilSlick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic-League sober is just annoying. Being high and reading threads like this makes it fun
GDP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Incredibad Reply with quote

Incredibad for the lose.
Soon that 40 mg turns to 160 mg and every morning when you wake up it feels like your legs are coming out the bottom of your feet, you have terrible cold sweats, and, since you can barely walk, you have to hobble yourself to the restroom to take an incredibly brutal, hour-long "dope-shit". But that's OK. That's the hour you need to spend on the phone finding your fix, just to be capable of starting the day, because lets face it- you probably don't have any left from yesterday. Lets hope your selling it because it gets expensive real fucking fast. Either way sooner or later you won't be able to afford it, and you'll have to start going to the clinic for suboxone, and don't think for a second they don't know how much you need it and how much they can rape you. So you'll probably be penniless either way, and getting drug tested just so you aren't in excruciating pain all day every day.
Hopefully your doctor will let you smoke pot like mine (but probably not), so you can experience the joy of devouring the fuck out of that $40 meal.

Also: Zen Muppet, No, that is not ironic... at all... whatsoever
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2