Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My type 2 Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
huntergatsby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: My type 2 Deck Reply with quote

my belief is that black should benefit from shit dying...because thats what black does..

x4 viscera seer
x4 bloodthorne vampire
x4 bloodghast
x3 reassembling skeletons
x4pawn of ulamong
x3 doomblad
x4 blade of the bloodchief
x1 sigil of distinction
x3 vampire nighthawk
x2 abysal persecutor
x4 sign in blood
x 3 mortician beetle
x 4 gatekeeper of malakir
x18 swamp

sideboard...
x3 leyline of the vod
x2 smother
x1 natuko shade
x3 duress
x4 deathmark

this deck plays fairly well..the only thing that doesnt seem synergistic with this deck is abysal persecutor
and the mortician beetle isnt a core part(i mostly use him as a cheap sacrifice)but if i have other sac targets...he helps...i had a turn 4 kill in a tourney earlier...it plays decently...i like it
JA0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probally do decent at FNM, maybe if its fast enough and consistent enough could make something out of it...

could add green for that new slime guy from M11 cant remember his name atm, then maybe add some maelstrom pulse for a little more removal?
[-a-L-e-]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, 18 lands..are you playing elf-combo or what?
BandaBear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at x18 swamp
JA0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 lands for a mono color doesnt bother me, back when i first started playing back in the days of mirage and ice age it was normal for a deck to only have 18-20 lands, even the dual colored decks only ran 20-22 lands, now every deck seems to run 23-25 lands even 26 somtimes...

but i understand why, it is more consistent draws that have a good mana start. i hate when i got 26 lands in my deck and i mulligan down to like 5-4 just to get some mana in my opening hand...

but i dont think its wrong to only run 18 lands, we used to do it back in the day...
Kholdstare42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats because in ice age and alliances time...necro only cost three and you had dark ritual =P. but really, back "in the day", 8,7,6 mana spells were laughable, also because cards such as armageddon were running rampant.
unfortunately its not the good ole days, 9 is the new 7, 7 is the new 5. you need more than 18 land is basically every deck. (not to mention landfall triggers and what not)
Subaru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, meh, it seems like his curve stops at 4 and that does prevent some really bad flooding...I guess I can see where you're coming from, but it's dangerous.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 lands in a T2 deck is bad because if you play only one spell per turn you lose.
huntergatsby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know it seems crazy but after testing the only thing that really killed me was to top deck a swamp...unless...i had bloodghast in grave...and i still get swamps enough ...and i dropped persecutor...and its not a vamp deck...and i dont want it to be...thats why i didnt run the lords...
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

run sac lands??

lets you activate bloodghast at will and thins the deck and lets you run 14 swamps
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1