Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newb - can't figure out how to connect using the play room

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Fazzdarr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Newb - can't figure out how to connect using the play room Reply with quote

Hello.

I think I have figured out the basic of deckbuilding and game play with MWS, but I can't figure how to play a game using the league room. If there is a tutorial for it, please just point me in the right direction and call me a moron Smile

Thank you,

Fazzdarr
cogdill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your not a moron, everyone starts somewhere. to start a game open magic workstation online play you should have it in your programs once you've installed mws once its open go to File> New Game> Load Deck (you may also want to set your username on the right side of this box) and start game then on the next box press call then create a game or join one. as far as league play goes there are guides and rules on this site.
DivineHeresy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two ways to connect to the chat room. One is using the Java applet, which would be the link on the left titled 'Chat & Play Rooms'.

The other, which I HIGHLY recommend, is mIRC. It is MUCH better, more stable, prettier, etc.

Go to www.mirc.com.

Download it, then run it. The first time you open it, it should have the Options box pop up. Fill in your name, e-mail, and the username you have on site, then click okay. Then you should have a room with nothing. In the chat bar, type /server irc.SolidIRC.com. That will connect you to the SolidIRC server, which is where Magic-League is located. Once on that server, type /join #magic-league.

And yes, the guides on the left are EXTREMELY helpful. 'All League Related Guides'. Then read the MWS one and the mIRC one.
OilSlick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cogdill wrote:
your not a moron,

Don't lie to him
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1