Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh, thy magic players, what will we ever do with you


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Author Message
ha897



Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Oh, thy magic players, what will we ever do with you Reply with quote

So about an hour ago I had joined a t2 mini. The first round i played i won both rounded and so i had gone on to the second round. I waited the amount of time tha tI neede to wait, and when it rolled around, I started a game, but I hadn't desideboarded, and by the third round of game 1, i realised that my deck was from the last game, and i told my opponent. My opponent said "too late" and said "play on or give me g1" so i asked the TC and he said it was too late, so I played on.
On turn 4, i ended up having to thought hemmorhage him, and i saw that his deck list was exactly the same as last week's tournament winner "Shaman Naya", So i didnt mention anything, and just lost the game. He had made a remark as to my cascade into my bloodbraid elf was a "fail" but i didnt reply back.
On game 2, he ended up doing the same stuff, and just ended up winning once again.
By the end of the match, these were the mistakes he made: when he attacked with his sword of venagenced creature, he fergot that it had vigilance; even though I had jund, he had played obstinate baloth when he had 4 other cards in his hand, and it was well into the game, and he obviously couldve played alot of different things, and he didnt know if i had blightning in my deck or not; when i attacked with my bloodghast, he only had cunning sparkmage, so he declared no blockers, and in responce tapped the cunning sparkmage and in responce to that i terminated it....
When I had said something about this in chat afterward, alot of people said that if I did this in an fnm, it wouldve coutned as a loss. In an fnm, this wouldnt even happen, because I would obviously desideboard afterward. I had assumed that once you start a new game by going to the lobby it desideboards for you.... obviously I was wrong.
Well anyway, I was wondering if anyone else is thinking that its not t2 anymore, its more like tnetdeck. I had playtested for about 12 hours (not straight) by doing mini's, and by keeping track, I saw 5 titan ramp, 2 pyromancer's ascenion, 4 uw walkers, 1 shaman naya, 1 old jund.
I would think that atleast people who netdeck would try to have integrity, but thats not the case. People dont care about the game anymore, its more about winning than anything else.
[I made my jund deck purly by myself, and I did all the math for the mana base by my self too. I can prove it too.]
Anyway, theres nothing I can achieve by posting this, but I wanted to post it anyway. This game will be finished before we know it unless wotc does soemthing about this [id say they should make it so that you have to have 3 notable changes from a deck that has placed in the top 3 to enter], because eventually all the deck builders will either quit magic for some reason, or die, and then all these netdeckers will be on top, but they dont ahve anyone to netdeck from,a nd they'll be stuck not knowing what to do at all...
-ha897
Back to top
Obnoxide



Joined: 06 Mar 2010
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically, he was playing a better deck than you, but he sucked as a player. The deck was probably better than yours simply because it was built by someone who spent days, if not weeks, on testing and perfecting. Thats why people netdeck..
Back to top
lovehater



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: LOOOOL Reply with quote

1- Before you go onto league matches you should be familiar with the software to avoid having problems like that.

2- I said "fail" cause u cascaded onto bolt when u obviously wanted a creature to bring vengevine back.

3- I have a MD baloth and added a 2nd on sb cause there was a high chance u were playing blightning . Also in that time i played baloth cause i had land baneslayer x2 and baloth in hand and i had 4 lands on play... What else could i play?

4- Netdecking is a reality playing online , live with it.

5- It was 1st time i was running the deck so probably ive done some mistakes. Ive been testing Pyromancer ascension and building my own list of it =D but got a bit bored and decided to play shaman naya for that mini =P


LoveHater
Back to top
ha897



Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obnoxide wrote:
So basically, he was playing a better deck than you, but he sucked as a player. The deck was probably better than yours simply because it was built by someone who spent days, if not weeks, on testing and perfecting. Thats why people netdeck..


i was playing the mini's to do just that, which is ironic.... huh?

Quote:
1- Before you go onto league matches you should be familiar with the software to avoid having problems like that.

2- I said "fail" cause u cascaded onto bolt when u obviously wanted a creature to bring vengevine back.

3- I have a MD baloth and added a 2nd on sb cause there was a high chance u were playing blightning . Also in that time i played baloth cause i had land baneslayer x2 and baloth in hand and i had 4 lands on play... What else could i play?

4- Netdecking is a reality playing online , live with it.

5- It was 1st time i was running the deck so probably ive done some mistakes. Ive been testing Pyromancer ascension and building my own list of it =D but got a bit bored and decided to play shaman naya for that mini =P


LoveHater


Well if it isnt obvious already, the player who netdecked was lovehater, and i was trying to conceal that, but its getting too difficult so screw that.
Since you were oh so kind to number the things, ill reply to them in numerical fashion
1- Before you play with cards you should read them first, since you didnt know that sword of vengeance gives your creature vigilance
2-I understand why you said fail, but i thought it was ironic that you say that was fail when your playing a naya deck that you dont even know what the cards that are in it do. I knew you didnt know what sword of vengeance did because it happened in the first game.
3- Somehow I highly doubt that since you played two creatures next turn, that werent baneslayer angel...
4-I realise its a reality. Ive realised it since day 1, and i encourage people to play AGAINST net decks because someone will eventually play with a net deck in a sanctioned tournament,a nd tis ebtter to be prepared and qq about it beforehand than to qq about it during the tournament, when it actually matters. I just think its ridiculous that people aren't even reading the cards and their starting to play with the net decks. I just thought that netdeckers would be a bit more easy going. Apparently thats not the case.
5- I dont know how to respond to this one. Good for you? I mean if you honestly think thats going to make you look any better you're wrong. Pyromancer's ascension doesnt take any thinking at all. [Before you think that I'm just saying that, actually think about if you need to think about any aspect of the game while playing with that deck. and thats probably why it got boring]
Back to top
dAEdaL
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 37

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Oh, thy magic players, what will we ever do with you Reply with quote

ha897 wrote:
by the third round of game 1, i realised that my deck was from the last game, and i told my opponent. My opponent said "too late" and said "play on or give me g1" so i asked the TC and he said it was too late, so I played on.


This is correct.

ha897 wrote:
when i attacked with my bloodghast, he only had cunning sparkmage, so he declared no blockers, and in responce tapped the cunning sparkmage and in responce to that i terminated it....


So you Terminated the Sparkmage because...?


ha897 wrote:
Netdecking is bad ... nobody knows how to build ... the end is nigh ... netdecking is bad ...


So you want a sort of patent system on decks? People netdeck because the decks are GOOD. Believe it or not M-L is a pretty competitive environment, and from your post it seems you see yourself as competitive as well, but you clearly don't understand the implications of competition when you say something like this:

ha897 wrote:
id say they should make it so that you have to have 3 notable changes from a deck that has placed in the top 3 to enter


People get different things out of Magic and this league like winning or being original, get used to it.
Back to top
TacoMaster



Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 108

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitching about netdecking is just pathetic. Some people simply do not have the time to dedicate to testing and find it easier to just pick up a list, which has clearly been tested against the current environment and succeeded. Tweeking decks is often preferred, but sometimes... The deck as is fits the player perfectly, so they decide not to make changes.

Suck it up and move on.
Back to top
CasualFriday



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Oh, thy magic players, what will we ever do with you Reply with quote

ha897 wrote:
, and then all these netdeckers will be on top, but they dont ahve anyone to netdeck from,a nd they'll be stuck not knowing what to do at all...
-ha897


So then the deck builders come back and crush the meta because it will only have like...2 decks, because no one is making decks.

Do people get rewarded for building their own decks? Only about once or twice per season. Would we like that number to be higher? Hells yeah we do! Is it cause to act righteous because you don't net deck? No...
Back to top
DTrooper
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 11 May 2008
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, ha897.

You don't even use phases. You used that in your favor when attacking with Putrid Leech, saying stupid stuff like "I don't have to decide now." when I said "no blocks" and asked if you pumped. You sit still for thirty seconds before pressing "Ok". I took two, then you ninja your two life to "pump" and I, obviously, Lightning Bolt the Leech in response, upping my two life back up.

1. Understand the phases and the stack before criticizing people.
2. Stop congratulating yourself for "your deck" when it clearly sucks.

Peace.
Back to top
gypsy



Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its funny that you play bloodghast in your jund deck. and all "netdecks" come from someone building them right? someone builds them then they get copied because its easier than everyone having to build their own decks and thats just how it is when information is so easy to get on the internet nowadays. lets say im trying to build a uw control deck but im terrible at building decks, and i see uw control win a tournament somewhere so i know that list is good, im obviously going to copy it because its probably better than the shitty list ive been testing.

and this conversation started with you saying your playing jund then complaining about netdecks?
Back to top
ha897



Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Oh, thy magic players, what will we ever do with you Reply with quote

to quote everyone would make too big of a post so ill just quote their username

@dAEdaL
you were the one talking like you were drunk in chat, as i remember, because you were talking all over the place.
why does it matter why i terminated the sparkmage? i dont remember anyway...
if you had read my post before, you would know that i am used to it. obviously we have 2 people who can't read now, and one of them is a site moderator. lol...

@tacomaster
imo, half the fun of magic is creating a deck of cards. wotc didnt make this game so that you can go to a trusted website and copy a deck list and start playing, they want you to think, be creative, imaginative, and create your own deck to play with, and its much more funner to do that to me. apparently to other people, its just fun to win, and in that case, why not play another game? im just wondering, cause magic is pretty stupid if you look at it that way.
once again, read my posts before you respond, 3rd person who cannot read. proving my point even further

@casualfriday
that number is much higher atm, which is a good thing, and idk what you mean by season, this isnt football...
im not being "righteous" because i dont netdeck, im just saying that worser people are playing better decks, and their just making the game worser, while other games get better, and eventually, magic will be crap.

@dtrooper
LMAO i thought you would be scared to show your face now, but w.e
so the thing was was that somehow, youa ccepted the putrid leech, but then you bolt and then you take the damage away by adding 2 life? no dude, your stupid, and bad. just another terrible magic player who thinks hes good, and by using phases you are a god. go play magic online, where your forced to use phases if you dont like people not using phases. the noob of the year award goes to you sir.
please do not respond you sorry excuse for life

@gypsy
gypse, your 2nd and 3rd sentence dont make any sense. people who build decks, dont purposely build them for netdecking unless their writing an article.
and LMAO AT THIS RETARDED IDIOT THINKING THAT IF U PLAY JUND ITS A NETDECK. that made my day Smile


honestly i never thought id see so many suppporters for netdecking. once again, im not saying netdecking is bad, but why the hell are people SUPPORTING it? its NOT good for the game,a nd i understand that its a part of the game, and thats why i practice against netdecks gladly, but why support something thats ruining the game?
Back to top
lovehater



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude i dont see why you come QQ about netdecking to Magic-league when u have like 15 matches here with 4-5 wins and 10 losses LOL

You dont even use phases...

Do you prefer Modo? Go play there then and dont bother us with ur senseless shit.

LoveHater
Back to top
EatsMortals



Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is absolutely hilarious!!!! Phases are needed, don't say crap about them, they make the game so much more enjoyable. Netdecking is good, its needed to make good decks if your not that woods dude. You epic fail at this game sir.
Back to top
ha897



Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im done with this thread.

people are way too stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WBAHBM3N74&feature=channel

see ya later

go ahead and still discuss this, but i wont be reading it
Back to top
DTrooper
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 11 May 2008
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ha897 - So your goal was to deal two damage with the Putrid Leech and then pumping it after combat damage so I could Bolt it in response? If so, well, it worked! Very Happy

I accepted the Putrid Leech attacking, and asked if you wanted to pump it after I said "no blockers". Which you didn't. When I take two damage off is when you pump it to a 4/4! You're incredibly retarded! My brain is full of fuck for even trying to understand your reasoning.

I use phases because the game flows two-hundred percent better with them. It's how it's supposed to be played. That's why they're there, and that's why they're mandatory on MODO. Your point is?

But clearly, I don't know why we're all arguing with you, since it's clear we're all inferior. After all, it was you who managed to escape the abortion at such a young age.

Grats on that.
Back to top
DTrooper
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 11 May 2008
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha897 wrote:
well im done with this thread.

people are way too stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WBAHBM3N74&feature=channel

see ya later

go ahead and still discuss this, but i wont be reading it


Oh, yes, please quote Patrick Chapin out of context. He says more people should try brewing decks, not to argue against netdeckers about them netdecking. If anything, we should absolutely humilliate you for making a deck just for the heck of it and sticking with it even though your record is pathetic. Chapin even talks about how the hivemind is beneficial to the flow of the game.

Don't pull the "I AM SMRT" card when you don't even understand what others are talking about, you idiot.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy