Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black/Red - Block Deck - Rate Please, Any Tips?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Zendikar block constructed
Ggerg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this deck is bad against jace. fix that
fLn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah a LD deck in block... nice idea...................not.
fLn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you wanna test it xD?
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Dragonskull Summit? Goblin Guides? Blighting? Lighting Bolt?

What am I looking at?! Its terrible!!! Stop drinking!!!
fLn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's block... don't talk trash thx.
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the deck is the best 2 decks in block are urg control, and turbo mana with eldrazi monument, I suggest looking up thoose decks yourself and looking at how all the cards interact between yours and theres and you'll see its pretty hopeless for your deck.
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fLn wrote:
Its block??? What have you been smoking!!!!??
Obnoxide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pins4Sins wrote:
fLn wrote:
Its block??? What have you been smoking!!!!??

I first thought your earlier post was sarcastic, now I am starting to think you just don't know what your talking about..

the format is Zendikar Block, which only includes the sets Zendikar, Worldwake and Rise of the Eldrazi. I don't know how much more I can simplify it.

As for the sb, All is Dust or Marsh Casualties will save you against the eldrazi tokens, and is also another planeswalker killer. Solo Eldrazi's shouldnt be a problem with Consuming Vapors. You could also test Consume the Meek. I'm not sure which of these would be better, but mass removal is a must, imo.
TomLocke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it from an avid player of block. This is why the deck is bad: there are 4 main decks in block. Uw control, rug control, rdw, and boros.

First, Uw control. They run more counters and doj's than t2, which is bad for a deck with bombs and no way to protect them. Your deck is bad against Jace because you only have one good way to deal with it if they drop it t 4 or 5. They also have gideon, who is really good against you for all his abilities.

Second, rug. T2 cobra and t3 Jace is why fffreak wins with this every event he plays. This deck beats you because it is chock full of powerful cards. You don't have the ability to compete with huge comet storms, jace, and avenger/whatever other bomb. You can deal with one of these, but they will have more; I guarantee it.

Rdw. This deck is just better than you at what it does. It will get in its damage regardless of your persecutors. It will just kill your other stuff. Just hope they don't searing blaze your hexmage so you actually have any hope in this match. True, you can bring a bunch of cheap removal in from the sb, with no real source of card advantage, it should not be hard to see you hate this matchup.

Boros is a fair fight, but sparkmage (even without collar) and emeria angel will give you trouble. Their deck is more consistent, as well.

You do have a good matchup against vamps, though.

Eldrazi decks have summoning trap and walls to make you sad, though bloodhusk ritualist may be ok here. Still don't like your odds.

My mtgo name is TomLocke if you wanna chat more.
DXMachina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB is a fun deck to play, but it sucks in block. Know why? All the good cards for it (Terminate, Blightning, Lightning Bolt, Mind Rot, Duress) aren't in Zendikar. You can putter around with blowing up lands, but honestly, it won't do you much good. If you want this deck to be successful, I would keep the land destruction in the sideboard, and bring it in against pesky manlands. Ruinblaster is great, and Tec Edge is versatile and fine as long as your mana base is solid. Take this to a more aggro-side if you want to be successful. Searing Blaze and Vendetta for removal would be good too. Put in Goblin Guides, Malakir Bloodwitch is solid, Flame Slash to deal with almost any creature. Also, Marsh Casualties was mentioned: run this. It eradicate Mono-Green and Eldrazi Spawns, and does some decent damage to RDW as well, since it'll take out multiple Goblin Guides, Bushwhackers, Kiln Fiends, etc. You want to find removal that can kill a variety of things, or get rid of more than 2 things at once. I'm not sure how I feel about Sarkhan, since I've never seen him used to much great effect, but I would say his first ability is the one you want to use most. Card advantage is what you lack, and he can make up for that a little.
Overall, not a terrible start, but if you want this deck to be competitive at all, you should start studying the metagame. The Top 8 decks from Pro Tour San Juan would be a nice place to start, seeing as Block was the format there. Check the metagame, watch some Deck Tech videos, figure out what you need to change. This has potential.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Zendikar block constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1