Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RGW Destructive Force

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Bloodbraid elf and cultivate are in this deck. Are they good cards to play?
No, they should obv be primeval titan and harrow
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
No, they suck in this deck
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Yes.
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

fLn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well I tested it too, first of all you HAVE to play Garruk, it has the best sinnergy with destructive force, Bloodbraid elf is senseless, if you want to wil just go straight to the goal. Ajani 3x 4 is really tough gildeon fits well against aggro decks. Anyway you shouldnt play more than 8 walkers. If you play day of judgement elf doesnt fit... The cascade has great sinnergy with knight thats right, but you cant go for everything. The ring is slowing down your goal. You should play the green titan... It fits really well. Dont play expanses go for catacombs insted. Dont play cultivate, take harrow over it and try it with khalni too. Dont play tapped lands =)

Thats what I think about it.
BlackPen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have the right idea. What you want is a good deck that blows out your opponent when you resolve destructive force. I think 4 day of judgement is too much. You have destructive force as another sweeper. Harrow seems much worse than cultivate, giving your knight +1/+1 is not worth the land cultivate puts in your hand, also if mana leak gets popular a countered harrow will mean you lose. Like the other guy said, garruk seems good. One big problem with your deck is that you have so many 4 drops, a lot of 3 drops, zero 2 drops, and lightning bolt as your only 1 drop. I would play wall of omens to help your curve and help your aggro match ups. also if rdw is a problem sideboard the hate for it like fire walker and the white leyline. I'm not sure how stable your mana is, but i think i'd prefer the naya tri land to evolving wild effects just for am ore consistent mana base.
fLn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPen wrote:
I think you have the right idea. What you want is a good deck that blows out your opponent when you resolve destructive force. I think 4 day of judgement is too much. You have destructive force as another sweeper. Harrow seems much worse than cultivate, giving your knight +1/+1 is not worth the land cultivate puts in your hand, also if mana leak gets popular a countered harrow will mean you lose. Like the other guy said, garruk seems good. One big problem with your deck is that you have so many 4 drops, a lot of 3 drops, zero 2 drops, and lightning bolt as your only 1 drop. I would play wall of omens to help your curve and help your aggro match ups. also if rdw is a problem sideboard the hate for it like fire walker and the white leyline. I'm not sure how stable your mana is, but i think i'd prefer the naya tri land to evolving wild effects just for am ore consistent mana base.

you are right with harrow and khalni without harrow isnt a good solution, probably 3x cultivate a 3x explore should fit well.
Eldar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm needs more primeval titan. A friend of mine just played a version of this deck to 5-1-1 at the Midwest Masters Series in Pittsburgh yesterday idk if you will be able to get the list since he finished in 9th.
JA0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a few tweaks i thought that are needed, did a little testing with and seems solid, more of a control based deck it seems...

// Lands
5 [ZEN] Plains (1)
2 [M11] Sunpetal Grove
3 [ALA] Jungle Shrine
4 [WWK] Raging Ravine
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
3 [ZEN] Mountain (1a)
4 [ZEN] Forest (1)

// Creatures
4 [M11] Primeval Titan
4 [CFX] Knight of the Reliquary

// Spells
3 [PRE] Ajani Vengeant
2 [ALA] Naya Charm
3 [FNM] Oblivion Ring
3 [U] Lightning Bolt
3 [M11] Day of Judgment
4 [M11] Destructive Force
4 [DDE] Harrow
2 [ROE] Gideon Jura
3 [M11] Garruk Wildspeaker
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2x lists just made it to X-2 or better at the Pittsburgh amsterdam PTQ. RWG, both a bit different, but the overall thought of the deck is decent.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1