Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Rock

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Do you think this deck can work to some extent?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

kev41

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: The Rock Reply with quote

What do you think of a deck that uses ob nixilis as its win con.. with fetchlands, primeval titan, lotus cobra, maybe birds, pulse, maybe doom blade for more removal, and harrow?

turn 3 or 4 obnixilis, next turn titan, with fetch lands and harrow for lots of damage and nixilis becames stronger also

please be polite, its just an idea and seems like fun.
leonardooo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post a list...
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan is usually good enough on its own
kev41

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking on something more and less like this list:

// Lands
3 Misty Rainforest
8 Swamp
8 Forest
3 Marsh Flats
4 Verdant Catacombs

// Creatures
4 Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Lotus Cobra
4 Primeval Titan

// Spells
2 Cultivate
4 Doom Blade
4 Explore
4 Harrow
4 Maelstrom Pulse

not sure about cultivate, but this is just a draft that, if it has some potential, can be adapted to the meta.
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a deck similar to this when harrow first came out. It worked for a bit but eventually ran out of threats. I ended up splashing white for knight of the reliquary, path, walkers, and baneslayer and it worked a lot better. You could also even try emeria angel I hear she is pretty bonkers in the right deck. You might want to give that a try. You also never need 4 ob nix, 2-3 should suffice.
InWaking

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also recently made a deck like this and ultimately ob ended up getting cut. grave titan just seemed to be much better. you could also use the fauna shaman dudette and vengevine.
i like cultivate better than harrow but i understand you want to use the landfall from ob.
fauna shaman and emeria angel seem like solid card choices for the concept you're going for.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I do not think a list like this can win. Simply put, having appox. 4-8 win conditions in this format is not enough. Even UW control are running win conditions in the double digits anymore.

I think primeval titan is best used in conjunction with Knight of the Reliquary, lotus cobra, and into Emerakul or Kozilek.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1