Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Green White Viable in today's environment?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If GW beatdown is to become viable in today's metagame, it will need to include a lot of big, undercosted creatures as well as removal and some alpha-strike capability.

Your deck is like a Eldrazi token deck, only worse than Eldrazi Green and WW.

And no matter how you build that GW beatdown deck, it would be better both as Naya and as Bant.

I haven't looked at M11 yet, though, so that may be a set that changes things.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beastmaster ascension isn't alpha strike? what are you smoking! Your deck has solid finishers
Somadelnocha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut the Conqueror's Pledge. You're asking to be either Day'd, Pulsed, or Jund Charm/Pyroclasm'd.

Change the Conqueror's Pledges to Vengevines and the Bestial Menaces to Lotus Cobras.

You could even cut one GW manland for 1 more Eldrazi Monument.
tinman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: replys Reply with quote

pledge is bad in the current enviroment unless you back it up with brave the elements or autumns veil which will be legal tommorow. birds and heirarch are fine but not at a quartet each i would say 4 heirarch and 1-2 birds so you lessen the chance of top decking those late-game.Playing said one drops i think you can get away with adding 2 tectonic edges and cutting a grove and a wildwood. thats my advice take it or leave it Shocked Shocked Shocked .
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1