Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burn/Sligh

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Kholdstare42

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Burn/Sligh Reply with quote

A version of burn i put together, all comments and criticism welcome

4x Goblin Guide
4x Hellspark Elemental
2x Magus of the Moon

4xLightning Bolt
4x Rift Bolt
4x Fireblast
4x Price of Progress
4x Shrapnel Blast
4x Ankh of Mishra
3x Pyrite Spellbomb
4x Magma Jet

15x Mountain
4x Great Furnace

Sb:
4x Tormod's Crypt
4x Relic of Progenitus
4x Smash to Smithereens
3x Boil
So far I like the shrapnle blasts with the ankhs and spellbombs and frnaces as things to sac...works out pretty well. I have only played 10 or so matches with a 8-2 record..form what I can remember i beat enchantress, bw vindicate/discard/small dorks/exalted angel, dredge x2, all in red x2, and 2 piles of jank. lost to threshold, and some other blue control deck. I have very little legacy experience..so any input helps!
Magx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have no way to deal with Circle of Protection : Red, Kor Firewalker, Ivory Mask and things alike.

I would suggest put a little splash of green for Naturalize at least.
cdubs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: spellbomb Reply with quote

pryrite spellbomb kills firewalker...so does moonglove extracts..any prored guys..naturalize is a good idea..but he can also play pithing needle to stop cop:red and would also serve as an option against other strategies..just my two cents..there my be better options for creatures but testing would only tell
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

Why use two cards to take care of two different problems when you can use just one to do the same thing? I'm talking about Everlasting Torment and the new card from M11, Leyline of Punishment.

These are my suggestions. I don't understand a shit about Legacy, though. Mr. Green
thranarama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try running Grim Lavamancer. It is extra damage and you are putting your burn spells into the graveyard anyway.
Kholdstare42

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys..appreciate the commnents! i was leaning towards playing anarchy in the sb. white enchantments have been the plague of red players as long as i can remember..and pithing needle only stops the CoP red..i have seen more enchantments that dont need to be activiated in order for them to prevent damage, and anarchy kills em all. the leyline is a very interesting card i really want to try in order to stop various life gain stuff.
kaoak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why isnt there room for chain lightning?
Kholdstare42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chain lightning is clearly better than say, rift bolt, but, its more of a budget issue, im not too willing on spending 45 bucks and 4 cards im only going to play once =P.

and what decks are pyrostatic pillars good against? i'm not being sarcastic, i genuinely would like to know. it seems like they would be good against the blue control decks..like merfolk and decks like it.
Dipwell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think pyrostatic pillar is for ad-naseum tendrils.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1