Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deck choices for nats...need help

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Me_and_I

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Deck choices for nats...need help Reply with quote

Ok i can build jund which im quite fine with playing,but just wanna know what you guys recommend,its either stock jund list,or RDW or i could play UW control(but only have limited cards)so not so keen on that.just want some opinions like what you would do.once ive choosen a deck ill start putting up the list and working on it
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jund sounds like a safe bet
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

play whatever your comfortable playing, u have a better chance playing something you know then trying to figure out the best choice for the metagame
Me_and_I

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im fine with playing either jund or RDw ive played both a lot,so its just a matter of which is better to play
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jund is always better
wisdomhappy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Cobra-inquisition Jund! Reply with quote

cobra-jund is what I would play, and what I just won a Ptq with. Check out Tyler Clatanoff's Madison 1st place list, it is so sick. I changed the bloodwhiches to Vess, as they servve the same purpose but better, but the deck is rock solid. That is what I would play, and what I advise to anyone.

turn 1 inquisition
turn 2 cobra
turn 3 bbe to kicked ruinblaster/sarkhan the mad/ gang-bang commander

It is a solid list that gets the "umm... wtf" kinda hands way more often than it seems it would.

Bolts are overrated, a 1 for 1? F that! that shit will lose you a game in the mirror, there is no time to be playing mere one for ones.

Next level bant keels over to jund charm and chain reaction

RDW is a great deck, but I would advise cobra-inquisition jund, as it cannot be hated out, has no bad matchups, and almost never mulls.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is inquisition not a 1 for 1 just like bolt

that list has too many fetches i think, i almost won a ptq with cobra jund and i never wanted more than 5-6 fetches, you can dead draw them sometimes especially in that list with so few basics
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...the bloodwhiches to Vess, as they servve the same purpose but better."

A clock immune to Path/O-Ring/BSA?
SJM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BattleofWits wrote:
"...the bloodwhiches to Vess, as they servve the same purpose but better."

A clock immune to Path/O-Ring/BSA?

Yea, Bloodwitch is ridiculous against almost every deck with white in it.

I can't agree that Liliana Freaking Vess is as good or remotely fills the same purpose.
spudfuss2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: rdw Reply with quote

red deck wins beats jund alot, it crushes conscription, and polymorph. with the right board cards it can handle firewalker. i think rdw has alot of potential.
SJM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDW won't top 8 nationals. There will be enough people with a good side board against RDW to knock you out of contention at some point.

RDW is great against Jund, but Jund is hardly going to be the number 1 deck at nationals.

I would play Mythic as it is the best deck in standard.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1