Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ExtendedPlus/OverExtended Banned List

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings

Do you think the format needs a banned list?
No banned list
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
A small banlist of 1-4 cards
48%
 48%  [ 16 ]
A big banlist of more than 4 cards
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
A giant banlist of more than 10 cards
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 33

Burton911

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only took 15 posts till this Thread becomes redundant cause
if we start to discuss about the Strom Engine, we also have to question the Dredge Engine which is a lot more ridiculus.
And from that point one, everyone will just post cardnames of cards against which they lose all the time.
DarkPhobos91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just test card in the format... legacy/vintage banned/restricted shouldn't affect 100% this new format...

1) test varius deck
2) figure out if the best deck is really broken
3) start banning

however

dark ritual
skullclamp
aether vial

deserve a full ban imo

they are all 1cc and clamp+vial are also colorless which mean they would be played nearly everywhere...

darkritual + hypnotic specter would be gay too...
or worse ritual->entomb->death->akroma
or even worse ritual-> storm -> desire...
too many decks can abuse of this card that's why i think it deserve a ban... but if some1 doesn't agree we can always test it on a real tournament instead of theorymagic-ing
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ban the whole format and play legacy instead
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkphobos: There have been several minis and a trial to date. There is a decent amount of data with which to work with.

On Dark Ritual:

Quote:
darkritual + hypnotic specter would be gay too...

Completely subjective and biased opinion. This is nowhere near a format-warping play, so i don't see how you can ban based on this.

Quote:
or worse ritual->entomb->death->akroma

I don't see how you can ban based on the possibility of a player having four separate cards in (what i am assuming is) a player's opening hand. The chances of that happening are slim enough to be considered negligible.

Quote:
or even worse ritual-> storm -> desire...

Which is bad...why? If you look at the tournament history for ExtendedPlus TEPS is nowhere near a dominant force in the format.[/quote]
undertow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait ban dark rit becuse of hippi ?? lol! i bolt him now yer out 2 cards. skull clamp is the only card i see thats truly unfair i didnt play during mirrodin but disiples power is obvious
Egren

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm kind of necroing this thread, but since it's sticky, and not the slightest *less* important than back in july, I think we can all agree on that Skullclamp isn't as format-warping as it seems everyone thought before.

I mean take a look at the last three trials.
How many skullclamps were in the top3 decks of those tournaments? 4. In the winning deck of the trial on Aug 14th.
The last ExtendedPLUS trial, skullclamp didnt appear until the 5th place deck.

To me, it doesn't seem that Skullclamp is even remotely close to being ban-worthy.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2