Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grand Prix DC

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Truth-
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Grand Prix DC Reply with quote

Alright guys I wanted to know who is going and what you guys are playing. I know myself and brim are rooming together so if you want to meet us tell me.

Also does anyone have any extra Jace, Slayer, Elspeth, and Vengevine?
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone can spot me a Mythic Conscription List for GP Washington DC, I will give you 3/4 of my winnings.

I would really like to go, but can't afford a $600 deck...
bludendguts

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: im playing some terrible awesomeness Reply with quote

so im looking to put together the valakut deck... and i have almost none of it...

anyone planning on going... im looking to either buy or trade for the entire lot of this stuff

commons uncommons and all.. just trying to avoid spending a fortune at the dealers showing up saturday...

if you want to swap info or talk trade business u can get me at my email - (or just in the chat)

thanks all - and good luck at the gp

--- edit

Last edited by bludendguts on Fri May 21, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
SJM

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might go. I live in the area but I haven't really been playing since World Wake and I am not too keen on type 2 anyway.

Basically it's a choice between going to see STP, Alice in Chains etc. with my friends or playing Magic with the cool kids.

The only deck I have is Jund, and it's pre-ROE Jund at that.

Judging by regionals results (didn't go) it seems the area is heavy on U/W control and mythic. Seems like a bad metagame for a sub-optimal jund list piloted by a sub-optimal player (me, haven't really tested in a long time).

Edit: Currently leaning towards going playing Geo-Jund with no island/sedraxis sideboard option.
Truth-
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mo. Brim is getting my extra Bant stuff. If I have extra I might ship it.

Bludendguts...You should somehow find me. I would love to trade a ton.
toor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u get back to me with a valakut list (3 hours) super fast I could probably put it together.

No clue what I am playing. Mythic, Vengevine Naya or some shitty combo deck top the list.
SJM

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, dunno what version of Jund I should play....
SJM

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I'm going. Gonna run jund with 4 main deck ruinblasters and 4 maelstrom pulse, no terminates main.

But I am going to just scrub out almost guaranteed. Got a round 1 bye.

Oh well, at least I get the free foil Jitte and it isn't far from home.
SJM

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went 7-2 day 1.

Day 2 I started 4-2 but then lost the last two rounds to end up 11-6 over all.

I can't complain because this was literally the first magic, of any format, online or IRL, I had played since the World Wake pre-release. This was my first individual GP day 2 as well. I just picked up jund and showed up since I live in the D.C. area.

I beat both of the foreign players I ran into, some cat from England day 1 and Yuuya Watanabe day 2. We got deck checked so the match went long against Watanabe and we had a small crowd for game 3. I didn't like the pressure and played really, really, really shitty but jund combined with his bad luck carried me to the win in embarrassing fashion.

Anyway, gotta defend the homeland as a loyal Virginia citizen and I did so successfully.

I played ykpon's jund from the May 21 trial he won with Sarkahn the Mad instead of Garruk (there was never a situation where I wished sarkahn was garruk) and a different side.

overall match record:
5-1 jund mirror
0-3 mythic (Turtenwald who came in 2nd says beating mythic is "really easy", so he obviously must know something I don't. I like his pyroclasms from the side along with maindeck terminate and 4x bitblast against mythic. My 3 match losses to mythic all went to 3 games and were all very close. One guy I got down to 2 life and he proceeded to top deck baneslayer followed by sovereigns to steal the game).
0-1 naya (naya crushed me, I think I'd need like 3 jund charm and 2 pyroclasm from the side to stand a chance)
1-1 red deck wins
2-0 U/W control
1-0 B/R vampires
1-0 grixis control
1st round bye
SJM

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, how was day 1 only 9 rounds? With 1931 players it should have been 10 rounds even if they split it into 4 flights! They split it into two as it was.
SJM

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we know how 2 of us did, I wonder how everyone else did...

Report gentlemen!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1