Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Druid+crab+5 colour+combo deck

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Edowardo

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like running 5 survivalist also.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akelyma_ wrote:
He is the only Ally I have more than 4 of.

I just want to beat all the netdecking shitheads with my wombo bombo combo deck! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Do you have advice?

my advice: stop trolling
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

successful troll is still a troll
loki3

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(This is more attention than this thread deserves.)

Dear troll,

Your deck is obviously a load of troll caca. 17 land in a 5 color deck. And 8 of them thin your deck (read: you'll draw even less land). 34 creatures. 34 spells. 85 card deck, 5 colors, 17 land. Anything over 61 should never be posted in this forum without major reasons.

Illegal main deck: 5 Oran-Rief Survivalists. Needs to be 4 or less.
Illegal Sideboard: 14 cards. Needs to be exactly 15.

Edit: My mistake. He does have 15 in the side. But his main deck is still illegal.

Unintelligent/Notcompetitive: 3 Harabaz Druid. 1 Mountain. 1 Plains. 1 Obsidian Fireheart. 4 Pestilence Demon. Chances of paying 1RRR or 5BBB and playing them is close to 0%.

This deck is nowhere close to competitive and should not be in this forum. Additionally, the original post does not comply with this forum's rules:

Quote:
3. Competitive or Not?

Any thread posted in the Competitive forum will be moved to Casual unless it has the following is achieved by having 2 or more of these items (fails because it only has one):

* A decklist including a sideboard Yes.
* An analysis of your anticipated metagame No.
* Analysis of at least 3 major matchups No.
* Testing Results No.
* Won an FNM or has won a large online tournament (Must include a report) No.

Forum Moderators, I request that this thread be deleted because it is obvious trolling (i.e. illegal deck, not competitive, etc.) or moved to the casual forum because it does not comply with the competitive forum rules (see above).

Last edited by loki3 on Tue May 04, 2010 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Tao

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akelyma is always trolling. Nothing new here.
Kienan

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trollin', trollin', trollin'
Rawhide!

Or something. I agree, though, this is actually fairly funny trolling. Also, yes, five Oran-Rief Survivalists is crazy good here. Laughing

The random Time of Heroes is also an excellent addition. This deck is amazing.
DH

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I think I have some constructive criticism.

I would remove the basic lands from the deck and put more nonbasic ones since basics can only add 1 color of mana.
And you should do it because you can tell your netdecking opponent: "Hey (insert random bad word here), I beat you WITHOUT A SINGLE BASIC LAND!!!!!! HA!!!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!???!?"

When you remove the basic land, I think you should play 4 Rampant Growth, because every deck needs some shuffling!

I would play Fabricate for the very same reason. That way, you have more ways to shuffle your library, which might come in handy if you want the match to go to time... I know you haven't heard of it, but you win or draw if you win g1 and g2 goes to time. And this deck can win g1 100% of the time, but the 10% it doesn't, you need a plan B. Which is - lose time by shuffling. That's why they ban... wait, that's competitive theory.

And I would add a skullclamp there, just to piss your opponents. You draw 2 cards if they kill the equipped creature!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and please, don't add any cards from the netdecks. netdecks are like poison for the masses.

One final piece of advice: Scute Mob as a 1 of will make you win 111% of the games.
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the funny thing about this is that not everybody who builds good decks are netdeckers.

the other funny thing is that said category doesn't appear to be very common in this topic.
loki3

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akelyma_ wrote:
Dear loki3,

You're an ugly.

Any decent player netdecks some. Or alot.

Netdecking helps you better understand the deck and the meta. It helps you understand the decks' strengths, weaknesses, and what how you might better play the matchups. Or to see if someone else's version of Jund is better than yours against deck X, etc.

(Even if you make a homebrew, it is good to get the perspective of the major decks. Cause you'll have to play against them.)

And if you really are a good player... you also want to figure out which deck to play to win. And which cards to change up as you try to anticipate the decks you'll see in each tourney you go to.

You say you want to play a deck that beats netdecks? If you don't care about consistency, I'm sure your deck will win at least 1/100. Maybe 1/10. Maybe better. But it is not gonna go 50:50 with any Tier 1 deck, so it is not competitive. And it won't be able to consistently beat Tier 2 decks, either. You talked big about your combo, which might be completely valid, yet it is a very small part of your deck. Especially because you have 85 cards in your maindeck.

If you are just new and truly inexperienced, then this message was worth writing. Otherwise, I'm just feeding a troll. Either way this should go in the casual section.

(The fact that you know about Skullclamp tells me you aren't new or inexperienced. You are just a troll. And I just wasted a good 10 minutes.)
Tao

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki3 wrote:

(The fact that you know about Skullclamp tells me you aren't new or inexperienced. You are just a troll. And I just wasted a good 10 minutes.)

sigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2