Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this combo viable in T2?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

basically this is a U combo that: exiles cards out of your library and tutors for those cards.
There is no reason for this to be viable. Blue is the color of card-drawing and control, in t2 it is the color people splash for Jace. This combo requires a lot of mana (not exactyly U's style) and two cards that, independently, can't really do anything. I would save this for the casual casual casual table if I were you.
FrostFire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually brought this up in #magic-league a few days ago.

Everyone immediately shot the idea down.

I think maybe you could do a UG and ramp up to get mirror out, also fabricate to tutor it.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can make a combo-engine thing where you basically do everything in one turn, and then win, it is possible to pull it off.

But I have not noticed the tools for such an engine in Standard atm.

Basically, if your combo does not instantly win you the game when it goes off, scrap it and use energy on something else.
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
If you can make a combo-engine thing where you basically do everything in one turn, and then win, it is possible to pull it off.
Basically, if your combo does not instantly win you the game when it goes off, scrap it and use energy on something else.

I think this should become an addition to the repertoire of Vedrfolner's infamous "copy-paste deck advice". There really isn't anything more that needs to be said on the subject.
kaamos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Training Grounds + Crab Umbra for the mana?
Too many tools?
MikeL123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played a lot of UW control recently, a build which has 4 Baneslayer's. That's the only thing I can think of which would be a use for this... casting 4 straight Baneslayers in 4 straight turns probably would be enough to overwhelm most decks. The problem is, the 2 combo cards are kind of useless on their own, and you probably want to have some extra mana available if they try to deal with your Baneslayer (for a Negate, or a Path to Exile for what they swing with while they've bought another turn by Terminating your Baneslayer).

But really, I just don't think this is viable.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1