Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

so what was your best card in your pre-release sealed?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Nickname7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was Dawnglare Invoker too, it gave me lots of matches and won the prerelease thanks to it.

Its funny how ridiculous is it when you reach eight mana for his ability and also it has auras with totem armor attached to it, your opp just says wtf what am i suposed to do against that?

I played and won the prerelease with a GW beatdown, no level ups.deck, no eldrazi-ramp.deck, no bombs, no removal at all, just aggro like hell.
spudfuss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best card was bloodthrone vampire, with all the spawn i made he was a monster and forced ppl to make bad blocks. also yes our 5 round tourny took 6.5 hours.
Luckra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily 3 cards won me all my matches. Nomad's Assembly because I would be spitting out alot of spawn first. Lord of Shatterskull Pass is a beast in limited and Hand of Emrakul I got to cheat him into play early game alot. Also in my first game on turn 3 i played Lone Missionary (enters field gain 4 life) with the 1cmc white umbra put on it followed by turn 4 Splinter Twin and just started gaining tons of life
Ribbons

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best was eldrazi conscription i was able to make a lot of spawns and sometimes got it in turn 5-6 was an auto win
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapacious One. People scramble to block him poorly, which is fine. Unabated, he makes 5 tokens. Which allows for busted turn 6-8s.

Staggershock also seems really strong, as it reads "Kill your guy, make you miss dropping another, take 2."
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was that dawnglare invoker as well.... I opened a foil one and a regular one in the same pack and it as ridiculously good. I lost in the finals going 4-1. The only deck I lost to was one with 6 token generator guys, 2 mythic fatties (he had the 11 cost 7/11 guy and the 10 cost 12/12 guy), and 2 regular fatties.... He played the 12/12 gave it haste and annihilated my dawnglare invoker.

So yea... green white splashing red and blue for narcolepsy and heat ray..... worked pretty well. I had realms uncharted, that's why I ran 5 different types of land. xD (terramorphic expanse thing was the 5th).
black1234

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kozilek or ulamog's crusher, i ran a bunch of eldrazi g/r spawn dudes, nest invader, growth spasm, em's hatcher etc, and ramped like made turns 1-4, always hit him or kozilek turn 5 or 6
clayparson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldrazi Conscription, with honorable mention going to my sick ramp package. Turn one Joraga Treespeaker, turn two level and Overgrown Battlement, turn 3 Emrakul's Hatcher, turn 4 Conscription win. That happened three times for me.
Kienan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get good cards. Shocked

No, seriously. My pool didn't contain a single Eldrazi. My rares weren't particularly relevant to my strong colors. I ended up playing a U/W level up deck without any rares in it. I also didn't even really get any bomb commons. Not a single Dawnglare Invoker for me, sadly. I did get two Regresses and two Smites, though, as well as an Oust. Overall, my pool was incredibly disappointing.

I managed to make a decent deck, but I had the worst luck I've ever had. When my deck worked it worked well, but I went entire games only seeing one leveler out of my 7-9 level up creatures. I also mulled down to five two games and still ended up with only one land. I'd shuffle well, draw seven, and have no lands, and I was running eighteen. My luck yesterday was statistically insane. It didn't help that one of my opponents drew his Guul Draz Assassin in his starting hand three games in a row. 0_o' Luck was not on my side at all yesterday.
iMrAnderson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: black/blue level up Reply with quote

by far the card that did it for me was "Lay Bare" I was able to stop huge things from hitting including a few invokers. but honorable mention to Venerated Teacher and creating a pretty interesting combo with Renegade Doppelganger, which allowed the Doppelganger to permanently have level up counters that would count towards any creature with level up that he became.

Our pre-release was 158 players, 7 rounds. I went 5-1-1. got myself 12 packs, opened crap except for a foil Consume the Meek.
MrBury

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drana, kalastria bloodchief is insane. Won me a lot of games by itself. Also Honorable mention to my kozilek and didnt get to play my Emrakul cause i olny had 2 eldrazi spawn generators and 6 eldrazis. (nuts) . Btw dawnglare invoker is the nuts when online. It almost cost me one game of my final round. It also took forever to finish this pre-release.
iMrAnderson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBury wrote:
Drana, kalastria bloodchief is insane. Won me a lot of games by itself. Also Honorable mention to my kozilek and didnt get to play my Emrakul cause i olny had 2 eldrazi spawn generators and 6 eldrazis. (nuts) . Btw dawnglare invoker is the nuts when online. It almost cost me one game of my final round. It also took forever to finish this pre-release.

you got a Kozilek and Emrakul out of 6 packs? 2/15 mythics from 6 packs?
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linvala completely shut down my competition. No one seemed able to answer her or get anything relevant onto the field if i drew her.

Honorable mentions go to oust for getting rid of huge creatures that my opponents were then unable to replay(since they usually sacked spawn to play in the first place) and naturalize as it was always a 2 for 1 and saved my butt against conscription.
Jwred5
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a 4 round swiss sealed in the morning. Went 4-0 for 1st. Played BR midrange. Staggershock is obviously insane, mvp as solid removal. The black levelers are pretty sweet. Nirkana cutthroat and null champion are great beaters. Double wrap in flames tied it together to push in the last bit of damage, or deal with some pesky eldrazi tokens. Wrap in flames was definitely my undervalued solid card of the day. Also had Sarkhan. Don't know how good he is since I only got to play him out and turn all my 0/1 spawn tokens into 5/5 dragons in 1 out of the 9 games I played. Rolling Eyes

Dawnglare invoker is one of the sickest bombs in limited. White has plenty of totem armors to lay on top of her. As a 2/1 evasive beater for 3, can singlehandedly wins games even before you have 8. I was a turn from losing to an eldrazi + fully leveled null champion + fully leveled nirkana cutthroat, topdecking invoker to win the game.

Evening sealed was 6 rounds cut to top 8. Went 3-2-1 for 13th. Played GR crazy tokenmaking jank. Basic strategy was to drop a ton of spawn, and then something to take advantage of the swarm of creatures. MVP: Gigantomancer. So much fun dropping him and beating face immediately with 5x7/7 eldrazi spawn. Also had lavafume invoker, pekkon blade, and bramblesnap to clean up. Wasn't the best deck, but was loads of fun.

Last note. Didn't open a single RoE Plains. Pretty wierd. Got almost all of the different pics of the other lands.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2