Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post - ROE: GB Aggro/Rock (Fake Jund) - Work in Progress

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
loki3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Post - ROE: GB Aggro/Rock (Fake Jund) - Work in Progress Reply with quote

I started looking at Momentous Falls, and I like it in a kind of GB Rock deck. It's a good way to Run/Get Rid of Persecutor, and it is a really nice draw spell for when your guys get removed.

Also GB are the colors for Putrid Leech and Pulse. I thought about going Jund, but decided to try a different route and see what would happen. After seeing, Leech, Pulse, and Savage Lands, people think this deck is (a bad version of) Jund and side firewalkers or janky aggro in). At least for now.

Beastbreaker of Bala Ged is Putrid Leech 5, 6, and 7.

Bloodghast is a bit iffy, but it is good post earthquake/wrath. And it's hard to remove.

Also, I really like Deathmark, but I am starting to think I want Doom Blade as it hits Eldrazi. Also gets red and blue creatures if there ends up being any specific threats there (like Sparkmage in a deck with Mystic).

Quote:
// Lands
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
7 [ZEN] Forest (Cool
9 [ZEN] Swamp (Cool

// Creatures
4 [ARB] Putrid Leech
4 [ZEN] Vampire Nighthawk
3 [WWK] Abyssal Persecutor
3 [ZEN] Malakir Bloodwitch
3 [ZEN] Bloodghast
3 [ROE] Beastbreaker of Bala Ged
2 [ROE] Pelakka Wurm

// Spells
4 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
2 [M10] Garruk Wildspeaker
1 [ZEN] Sorin Markov
4 [M10] Rampant Growth
3 [ROE] Momentous Fall

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ZEN] Malakir Bloodwitch
SB: 4 [M10] Deathmark
SB: 3 [M10] Mind Rot
SB: 3 [M10] Master of the Wild Hunt
SB: 4 [M10] Great Sable Stag

Any suggestions (besides go Jund or wait for the whole set to come out)?

I could go white for BSA, KotR, and sideboard tech. I'd then also run BoP, i think.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! There's also the customary More Scute Mob.

Although that isn't quite a bad idea...

Perhaps some Raging Ravines? And add a mountain (you can rampant growth for one).

And Momentous Fall ROCKS. Although I was thinking sacrificing Eldrazi with it... (draw 10! DRAW 10!)
Insom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut abby and run ramp and/or trap with soul's majesty Smile? Seems like any time you want to sac abby you don't need the draw and any time you want to sac another creature it would be worth paying 1 more to keep it around. Beastbreaker != leech.
Banda7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run a tool box of lands and the new land gifts ungiven
kaamos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldrazi hate "destroy target non-basic land"

I suggest keep some tectonic edge/land hate of your color's variety in the sb (maybe) for eldrazi.

or play a really fast deck.

As for me I have no fear of the eldrazi as my deck will > them faster than they can ramp.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing momentous fall in response to them trying to kill any of your creatures will result in a blowout. I also thought this card was the bees knees, good job.
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fall is kind of growing on me but I still don't like setting yourself up for a 2 for 1 against control. Sounds like you have made your mind up but I'd play BBE, thrinax and blightning though even if WW gets 1 life from you casting thrinax before you sac him.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1