Advertise here! Contact weedmonkey@magic-league.com
Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Jund

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Best Jund Reply with quote

So I'm finally moving over to the darkside.... I decided runeflare combo is too inconsistent/fragile for my liking and I'd like to start playing jund.

I'm trying to figure out which jund list would be best for my meta. I generally play at a place with:

4x Jund
4x Vampires
3x U/W Control
2x RbDW
2x Eldrazi Green
1x UWr Control
1x Money.dec
1x Bant
1x WW mystic
1x Runeflare Combo
10x Jank

I really want to build the best version of jund possible and I've been testing several different versions. I definitely want to run 26 or 27 land (opposed to the old 25), and I think I want to include bituminous blast because I really like how it plays even thought it is a dead card in a few match-ups.

This is the list I've been testing and thinking about running:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)
// NAME: jund

// Lands
3 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
2 [H09] Forest
2 [WWK] Lavaclaw Reaches
2 [H09] Mountain
1 [ZEN] Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
4 [WWK] Raging Ravine
2 [H09] Rootbound Crag
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
3 [H09] Swamp
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs

// Creatures
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
2 [ALA] Broodmate Dragon
4 [ARB] Putrid Leech
2 [M10] Siege-Gang Commander
4 [ALA] Sprouting Thrinax

// Spells
2 [ARB] Bituminous Blast
4 [ALA] Blightning
2 [DDD] Garruk Wildspeaker
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
3 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
2 [ARB] Terminate

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 3 [M10] Great Sable Stag
SB: 2 [ARB] Thought Hemorrhage
SB: 3 [M10] Dragon's Claw
SB: 3 [M10] Deathmark
SB: 2 [WWK] Chain Reaction

It seems pretty good, but I'm not convinced that this is the list I should take. As for the manabase... I've been green screwed about 2 games out of the first 20 test games (but one of those was to a bad call on the no mulligan). There are other little changes to the deck I was considering but I'm not sure about.... Should I add 2 of rampant growth and take out the terminates? Should I switch up my SB a little bit?

I would be extremely grateful for any constructive criticism ML has for me as I am brand new to running jund. Thanks a bunch for your help. Smile
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would play Rampant Growths before I'd start adding in Bit Blasts; they just aren't cutting it anymore.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering your meta includes so many decks that runs and partly relies on artifacts (equipments, chalice, monument) , the 4th pulse + 1 other artifact removal card would be better than the Chain Reactions in side imo.
Epic-Juzam37

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would take out the leaches add in a brood a scg and 2 growths for their spots remove the bit blasts for another 2 growths or borderland ranger,
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic-Juzam37 wrote:
i would take out the leaches add in a brood a scg and 2 growths for their spots remove the bit blasts for another 2 growths or borderland ranger,

putrid leech is too good
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cut bit blast and terminate and put those slots to either rampant or borderland ranger. Ranger is great in the mirror too against blightning. In my current jund list I am main decking 4 ruinblaster and I run 3 SGC and 0 Broodmate and it works great for me. I don't run leech nor do I ever want to and I say this because I don't run cards that I don't want to cascade into. Hope this helps a bit.
McBallin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eldar you dont like playing 4/4's on turn 2? dumbest thing ive ever heard
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the comments/suggestions everyone! Smile

I've made some changes.... Bit blast does seem pretty bad now :/

I took terminates completely out.... I hope that isn't an issue as manlands are pretty good (and out of reach of deathmark) and I have little to no way to kill abyssal persecutor successfully, but I guess I shouldn't worry about that too much....

Here's the new list:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)
// NAME: jund

// Lands
3 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
2 [H09] Forest
2 [WWK] Lavaclaw Reaches
2 [H09] Mountain
1 [ZEN] Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
4 [WWK] Raging Ravine
2 [H09] Rootbound Crag
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
3 [H09] Swamp

// Creatures
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
3 [ALA] Broodmate Dragon
4 [ARB] Putrid Leech
3 [M10] Siege-Gang Commander

// Spells
4 [ALA] Blightning
2 [DDD] Garruk Wildspeaker
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
3 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
2 [10E] Rampant Growth

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 3 [M10] Great Sable Stag
SB: 2 [ARB] Thought Hemorrhage
SB: 3 [M10] Dragon's Claw
SB: 3 [M10] Deathmark

I added the 2 other ruinblasters because I thought they were pretty essential in several match-ups.... Chain reaction is pretty much only good against mono green, green white, or some mono white decks.

Comments? Smile?
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McBallin wrote:

How about you learn to read before u just flame me in a post? Hmm sound good? I don't run leech NOT because I don't like a 2/2 on turn 2 that swings for 4 on turn 3 potentially but because leech is 99% of the time a bad card to cascade into over some other spell.

It is also a meta call whereas my meta is lots of agro and midrange where leech sucks. I don't face many control decks and jace decks because people can't afford to build them.

It is people like you that cause decks like jund to get that negative stereotype and become the monster of t2 that everyone plays. You are clearly the typical monkey that doesn't put any thought into the deck and just play the same 75 week in and week out without any regard to metagaming. So please next time at least read what I type before you post. Thanks

@TheGODehT: I like the changes and I think that the small tunings will work out better for you. I advise that you pay close attention to your meta and tweak the deck accordingly if you plan to face lots of agro/control or lots of mirrormatch. In my testing I dislike broodmate severly in the mirror and eventually due to the large likelihood of playing the mirror I cut them altogether. But like I said this is purely a metagame decision and while many people are saying jund is no longer "the best deck" I still think that with the right tweaking it still holds that spot.
bubba5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets not be terrible and play borderland ranger or rampant growth, lets be good and play grim discovery.

I might SB:

3-4 deathmark
3 stags
2-3 bit blasts
2-3 grim discovery
pulse and/or terminate
maybe one mind rot
bloodwitch
ruinblasters

I would run this:

4 leech
4 thrinax
4 BBE
3 Broodmate
3 Siege-Bang
4 Blightning
4 bolt
4 pulse
2 terminate
2 Garruk
26 lands

SB:
4 Ruinblasters
3 Stag
2 Grim Discovery
2 Terminate
4 Deathmark

If you are concerned with vamps, ad bit blast
everything else should be fine.
vs mirror, you bring in ruinblasters on the play and and stag grim discovery regardless, cut 3 pulse and garruk, and leech on the draw for more removal.
for vamps, take out a pulse or two, take out garruk and bring in stags and terminates

for UW, bring in grim discovery, deathmark. ruinblasters and stags depending on their build (walls or no) and if you can find room
cut bolts and terminates, probably garruk too.

everything else should be fine. I take garruk out a lot, but he is good. he is good game one and is good vs an unknown opponent and is also a planes walker, which some people cannot deal with, so thats why he stays, also he is random overrun effect, deal with me now type of card.
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would run WW with your metagame.
Sigil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
I would run WW with your metagame.

Fer sure. Seconded. 3x Celestial purge mainboard for that, too.
Akelyma_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McBallin' is the ML resident moron, everyone should know that by now. But don't piss him off; he'll post pictures of his "buff" buddy and say he is "tough". In said picture, he is also holding two of the ugliest females on the planet, and drinking shitty beer. Classic redneck, ignorant frat boy.

Then he will ask you to post pictures of yourselves. What a perv.

Jund will win regardless of what it plays, though.
Zantetsuken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Jund decks I see don't have many variations of mana base's. In my version I tried to tweak mine and try to cut back on so many tap lands. I added two more fetchlands for filtering of the deck. Haven't got a chance to test this manabase out alot but for the games I have plays it works alright.

As for the deck you change at your leisure. like if you want Garruk', take out the Bituminous Blasts. Depending on your Jund style. Other than that a better basic Jund build except for the inclusion of a main deck Malakir Bloodwitch. The Bloodwitch has always been good against white and Bant based decks since most removal is white. And 2 more Bloodwitch's in the SB to seal the deal.

// Lands
4 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
2 [ZEN] Forest (1)
2 [ZEN] Mountain (1)
1 [M10] Rootbound Crag
3 [ZEN] Swamp (1)
4 [WWK] Raging Ravine
2 [ALA] Savage Lands
2 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn

// Creatures
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
4 [ARB] Putrid Leech
1 [ZEN] Malakir Bloodwitch
2 [ALA] Broodmate Dragon
3 [M10] Siege-Gang Commander

// Spells
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [ALA] Blightning
3 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
3 [ARB] Terminate
2 [ARB] Bituminous Blast
2 [M10] Rampant Growth

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [ZEN] Malakir Bloodwitch
SB: 4 [M10] Great Sable Stag
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 2 [M10] Deathmark
SB: 1 [LRW] Liliana Vess
SB: 2 [M10] Chandra Nalaar
cmc
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
McBallin wrote:

How about you learn to read before u just flame me in a post? Hmm sound good? I don't run leech NOT because I don't like a 2/2 on turn 2 that swings for 4 on turn 3 potentially but because leech is 99% of the time a bad card to cascade into over some other spell.

yes cascading into rampant growth is so much better than a leech...owait
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2