Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spoilers for Rise of the Eldrazi

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
kumagmd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: spoilers for rise of the aldrazi Reply with quote

bugenj22 wrote:
here is a link to a few cards from the new set. does anyone else have any more spoiled?

http://www.mtgmintcard.com/mtg_search_result.php?edition=rise+of+the+eldrazi&MMCETC=REAEMAIL100319

yeah! the new set is called RISE OF THE ELDRAZI. Fresh off the press from 8 months ago!
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a 10 mana 12/12 that draws 4 cards, kills 4 permanents when it attacks, and "feldons canes" you when it dies.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Now THAT is something to ramp into! A creature that actually needs to be counterspelled or you lose, in more ways than one. The 25 dollar pricetag is worth it i think.

The 9 mana 10/10 or whatever it is that can't be blocked is decent too.

You play the land that makes eldrazi cost 2 less, play some everflowing chalace and you're on your way to hitting that dude on turn 7.

I like the 3bb removal also. Very solid in limited and has potential uses in standard as well.
Majik

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like shit so far. Hope the set has some decent cards in it. Doesnt the set have like 200+ cards??? Must be something good in there.

I'm not a fan of a 12 cmc card that goes kaput to 25 cent cards....
Oop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majik wrote:
looks like shit so far. Hope the set has some decent cards in it. Doesnt the set have like 200+ cards??? Must be something good in there.

Except even if they path your Kozilek... you still 5 for 1'd him? great job!

Even if they counterspell him.... still a 5 for 1!
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oop wrote:
Majik wrote:

exactly. summoning trap into that guy = GG.

Jesus christ thats a good creature =(
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
Oop wrote:
Majik wrote:

exactly. summoning trap into that guy = GG.

Jesus christ thats a good creature =(

that doesnt do anything you need to play the creature from your hand to draw, and if they path it or counter it you still draw 4 cards.
niknight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of agree with Majik. As cool as the Eldrazi may be, they are just way too expensive to see constructed play. I mean seriously, the cheap one spoiled so far costs 11 mana! Even if you play the Brood token build, the following will happen:

Jund will do what Jund does... and just rip it from your hand before you cast it.

Chapin will have Wrathed the board multiple times over, and there's a 50/50 chance Jace would have fatesealed it to the bottom of the deck. Even if you do cast it, the deck would be far enough ahead so that the 5-1 doesn't matter.

Any red deck should have killed you 87 turns before you get to cast it.

This means that the only two shells it can see play in are Ramp and control. Ramp decks would probably be better off w/ Broodmate, and control decks would much rather have Iona/Cruel/Sphinx.

<-- Corrected spelling and capitalization in the topic

Last edited by niknight on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kienan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wonder why a thread called "rise of the aldrazi" seems to have become the official ROE discussion thread, but whatever. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I actually think the set is showing some promise, although I hope they don't make limited too slow while trying to make up for the rather fast Pre-ROE limited. I see a lot of promise, though, and am rather excited. I really like drafting, and am curious to see what this "draft set" plays like. Most of the spoiled cards (outside of the expensive Eldrazi) look like they'll be really interesting in limited.

Mammoth Umbra/Totem Armor looks interesting, and will be fun if ROE doesn't contain tons of removal, and Mnemonic Wall and Corpsehatch are just awesome limited cards. Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1