Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B/R Ad Nauseam

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Tuffy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Format seems too fast for the deck.....
Griffon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading that article. This deck seems like the same pace as the boros deck to be honest.
Nevian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very fast deck, I wonder if with tweaks if it could even make extended? Extended may be too fast though. Low costing spells is always nice to be able to have Ghost quarters main board for Thepths deck.
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the speed of this deck, i'd not be suprised at all to run into a price rise of the cards in question. i'm glad I hoard turd rares =/

*cherishes my 3 random death's shadows*
*finds some ad nauseams*
*likes the deck*
*builds it*
*tempted to take it to FNM over my current esper build*
Bantos86

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
*tempted to take it to FNM over my current esper build*

boeda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played against it with UW Control and had to play well to get a 2-1 win.
I guess if the deck wants to stand a chance it should be improved. Those weenies are ok but Boros is just better at that, the only advantage it has is Blightning.
I cant imagine the shadow becoming a sought-after card.
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably play it redder. Guide, bolt, burst, geo, hellspark, quake, searing, whacker, shadow, and ad nauseam with a crap-ton of fetches and peaks as the only cipt land. Deathmark and manabarbs making up the majority of the side.
Bantos86

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The author of that article must not have tested beyond those 4 matches. So far I'm 0-10 vs Jund with his deck :\
cmc
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

note how his jund opponent kept trying to pump leech before damage and getting blown out by a burn spell, so you can't really count that match for anything.
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relying on damaging yourself to set up a turn 6 combo does seem really bad. Main strength of the deck in those 4 matches seemed to be guide, hellspark and bolt. I bet you could create a deck around them.
asamodious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is deck is absolute complete garbage. Its basically Mono Red with bad cards added it to make it more "fun". If you're going to play this pile, i would just recommend playing Mono Red instead.

@ Nevian - Im sure you could port this to extended. And by that i mean, you could make a worse version of a deck thats already being played. Because that is what this deck is doing in T2.
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSNACKSx wrote:
Tuffy wrote:
Format seems too fast for the deck.....

Yeah you're right, goblin guide, a 2 power 1 drop and a bunch of burn are all like turn 7 cards.

I think he meant the defining feature of the deck not the cards that every single 2 color deck plays.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going through all that trouble to get a big creature into play... to each his own I guess Confused
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a majority of you are missing the point... ad nauseam is the finisher that's not even always necessary, not the main point. and if you're playing it smart, you'll keep the ad nauseam until the best time to use it; when you've forced them to tap out. next thing they know, they've got a couple 8/8's and a goblin bushwhacker bearing down on them.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphakiller wrote:
I think a majority of you are missing the point... ad nauseam is the finisher that's not even always necessary, not the main point. and if you're playing it smart, you'll keep the ad nauseam until the best time to use it; when you've forced them to tap out. next thing they know, they've got a couple 8/8's and a goblin bushwhacker bearing down on them.

When you have 9 lands in play you mean?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3