Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 rules qs - very simple

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
baz9980

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: 3 rules qs - very simple Reply with quote

1. A hypergenesis player plays that card and plays from his hand under hypergenesis, these cards in the following order: terastodon. can he stack the abilities so that he can get terastodon in play twice, eg by removing terastodon with o-ring and then destroying the o-ring with terastodon's ability?
2. i have a knight of the reliquary in play, he is 2/2. I block a 2/2.can iuse the ability to pump the knight after damage is on the stack and make the knight live? If not, can i do it during declare blacks and make it so that the 2/2 is blocked?
3. with abyssal persecutor, does the opponent's life total go into negative life totals? or does it stay at 1?
Acebandit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I believe so, if terastodon comes down first off hyper, and then o-ring, the o ring would remove the terastodon from the battlefield, yet it's ability would still be on the stack and resolve.

2. You can declare the block, and then use the ability to pump the knight. You can't do this "after damage is on the stack" as stack damage doesn't exist any longer.

3. Yes it goes into the negative.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 rules qs - very simple Reply with quote

baz9980 wrote:
1. A hypergenesis player plays that card and plays from his hand under hypergenesis, these cards in the following order: terastodon. can he stack the abilities so that he can get terastodon in play twice, eg by removing terastodon with o-ring and then destroying the o-ring with terastodon's ability?
2. i have a knight of the reliquary in play, he is 2/2. I block a 2/2.can iuse the ability to pump the knight after damage is on the stack and make the knight live? If not, can i do it during declare blacks and make it so that the 2/2 is blocked?
3. with abyssal persecutor, does the opponent's life total go into negative life totals? or does it stay at 1?

They alluded to the 1st question during the PT san diego coverage, so it must be correct.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so want to build a casual deck called no one wins with persecutor and platinum angel that just makes them both impossible to kill and pisses everyone right off.
Kienan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
I so want to build a casual deck called no one wins with persecutor and platinum angel that just makes them both impossible to kill and pisses everyone right off.

If only Platinum Angel had one more power Spearbreaker Behemoth would almost completely lock the game unless they can counter an activated ability.

And Elspeth locks it down almost completely if you can activate her last ability. Shocked

You should build that deck and take it to a serious tournaments, just to see their faces. Heh.
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terastodon doesnt need to come into play first
warwizard87

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kienan wrote:
Trotsky1 wrote:

If only Platinum Angel had one more power Spearbreaker Behemoth would almost completely lock the game unless they can counter an activated ability.

And Elspeth locks it down almost completely if you can activate her last ability. Shocked

You should build that deck and take it to a serious tournaments, just to see their faces. Heh.

eldeazi monument and some token generator, say umm bitter blossom...your welcome.
Kienan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warwizard87 wrote:
eldeazi monument and some token generator, say umm bitter blossom...your welcome.

I was trying to come up with a complete lock, though. Artifact or enchantment removal isn't that hard. I was also looking at standard since Persecutor and the Angel are both standard, and it would be fun to come up with an actual (theoretical) lockdown deck.

Still Bitter Blossom + Monument is nice, especially when you can't lose the game.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still can't beat Final Judgement. Mr. Green
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load up with Vines of Vastwood and that instant that makes a creature indestructible until end of turn Smile
warwizard87

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i just thought of a card its in white though. lenion abunus lol persacuter angel blossom monument abunas 5 card combo that takes 2 spells to break up 1 of them has to be path thats kind of funny
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shroud, indestructible is the clsoest u can get to lock on platinum. so instead just paly good cards and win.

yes terrastadon can CiP twice if they come in at same time (aka during resolution of hyper)

damage doesn't use the stack... during declare blockers after he is a blocker u can use any activated ability before damage.

life total goes negative.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a casual deck the point is neither playing good cards or winning.

If i was an unemployed bum I could create the deck and then challenge my friend to a game to the death anyone who concede's has to pay the forfeit of buying the other free drinks for the rest of his life.

Get the lock going then based on the fact he has a job things to do with his time whilst I can bum around all day eventually he will be forced into conceding. To go to work or something and then bingo free drinks for rest of life.

Would be even more awsome in EDH in a shaarum deck with crystal shard and mindslaver. Get slaver lock first then friend thinks he can just wait it out and someone is going to get decked. Then you drop persecutor, angel combo, pure awesome:)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1