Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50 Dollar Jace -- Is it worth it?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Synthetic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: 50 Dollar Jace -- Is it worth it? Reply with quote

Today, I sat down and finally broke down Jace.
http://www.magicthegatheringgrit.com/

Took for freaking ever ... but I got done.

Long story short, hes worth the 40-60 bucks.
Ridiculously high prices .... yeah for Magic
Omnomcake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped caring about your opinion when you compared the second ability to Ponder instead of Brainstorm.
Synthetic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnomcake wrote:
I stopped caring about your opinion when you compared the second ability to Ponder instead of Brainstorm.

This is a true statement. Thanks, been a long morning here. I'll edit.
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, with priority, Lightning Bolt not a big deal.
Synthetic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes still going to be a bolt magnet. Everytime I've dropped mine, its been Bolt, something.

Jund is just currently far too common to discount it.

I will make a note about that for new players, thanks for bringing it up. Blogging is new to me, It'll get easier.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since people buy it for 50$, it's worth it. Oh and yes, it's the best blue card in Standard since Cryptic Command
gmoney

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace is not a lightning bolt magnet period. and the idea that Standard Magic altogether is too expensive these days is just not true with the most valuable cards being super bombs in Jace and Baneslayer they shave the cost off of other rares mythic and not. How much would a broodmate dragon cost if it wasn't for mythic rarity? How about Knight of the Reliquary? maelstrom pulse, m10 lands, new manlands, new fetches? It takes quite the collection/bankroll for one to see that Baneslayer and Jace are not that painful to acquire because after you get them or are fortunate enough to get a surplus getting the rest of Standard is not hard at all. Plus when you compare Baneslayer angel to every creature ever it's easy to see why it costs what it costs. Side note Jace is just unreal in Vintage granite for four mana you should win the game (especially Sorcery speed). If you stick him and you don't lose that turn which hopefully when you brainstorm the first time you hit some protection you will win the game. I personally am not a Vintage expert, more a casual Vintage player(thank you mws) but wanted to see if Jace, the Mind Sculptor would do the damn thing in the most poweful format (stuck 2 of him in Chapin's The Deck list not sure if this is where he belongs but was just the easiest shell to stick him in). He does. You just win after he sticks around for a turn and you get to Brainstorm twice off of him. He is good enough. I doubt we will see his price ever drop below $30.
SJM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best deck in the format is still Jund.

I'd sell any BSA's or Jace you come across because they won't hold those prices forever.
MotC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I look at it... If you like playing control and can afford it go for it. If not just play old Jace and be happy. And obviously if you don't like control, don't play control.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Baneslayer will worth less than 10 dollars when m10 leaves standard.
Bantos86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Shagrath wrote:

They'll either reprint it in M11, or in M12 after the inevitable bitching about it being rotated out. Especially with a card this good.
Deuce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most propably they print it with different name in M12...
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Shagrath wrote:

considering its seen play in extended and legacy i highly doubt this
Avata

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you mentioned being pretty new to the blogging thing, I'd like to give you some friendly advice.

Decide who you want your audience to be and treat your blog accordingly. If you're just getting your thoughts outs, or have a few friends that might read, or just don't really care, then, hey, that's cool, keep doing what you're doing and have fun.

If you want to gain readership or begin to come off as being an intelligent authority/interesting read, it'll go a long way to have someone who is better than you at English to help you brush up on your spelling/grammar/punctuation. A few glaring mistakes can go a long way in diminishing credibility, and there were more than a few just in what I read in the Jace post.

Good luck with the new blog. Smile
Gracco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSA is ten now and JTMS is banned in almost everything and will always be "better than all". JTMS sees a LOT of play in Vintage. For that to happen he had to be worth whatever he is. It is prolly still up there a bit.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2