Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts on Intro Pack Brute Force

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Kilink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Thoughts on Intro Pack Brute Force Reply with quote

Well I just bought it as a third comeback for me into magic...got it in a nice deal:

$15.00= Intro pack+Booster+Foil Kor Duelist+Foil Vampire Nighthawk+Horizon boughts.

That aside, what are your thoughts about the deck/improvement suggestions Very Happy
kumagmd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Brute Force! It ROCKS! Get more copies of Wolfbriar Elemental, maybe some Garruks, an Eldrazi Monument or two.

Depends on how you wanna go, you can go the way of Mono G Eldrazi (a lot of big green mean creatures = OMNATH) or Elves (Nessa Revane, Elvish Archdruid, with the other green mean creatures).

Or you can go Red Green (Bloodbraid Elf! + Lightning Bolt into your main deck).

Oh, dun listen to those people who say play jund. Or vamps. Or WRU. Play your deck, and play it well!
Kilink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumagmd wrote:
It's Brute Force! It ROCKS! Get more copies of Wolfbriar Elemental, maybe some Garruks, an Eldrazi Monument or two.

Depends on how you wanna go, you can go the way of Mono G Eldrazi (a lot of big green mean creatures = OMNATH) or Elves (Nessa Revane, Elvish Archdruid, with the other green mean creatures).

Or you can go Red Green (Bloodbraid Elf! + Lightning Bolt into your main deck).

Oh, dun listen to those people who say play jund. Or vamps. Or WRU. Play your deck, and play it well!

Thanks man, been tweaking the deck a bit. Also where I play when we have tournaments all decks have to be original ideas. The owner knows the "win" decks. I think I'm going red green since wasting all the red cards would be bad...but I like the fatties...
kumagmd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leatherback Baloth could use more copies (FOUR!) even if you're going red-green (use dual lands). Raging Ravine (dual man-lands) can give you the extra oomph needed, because you won't have much card advantage in red-green (besides Bloodbraid). Personally, I like Terrastadon, and I'd play Elvish Piper to be able to play Terrastadon early (as early as turn four, with enough ramp!).

Oran-Reif might be good.

Just keep playin', dude.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1