Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should Any Cards Be Banned From T2?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic

Which of these Cards should be banned from T2?
Baneslayer Angel
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Blood Braid Elf
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Baneslayer Angel and Blood Braid Elf
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No Cards Should Be Banned
70%
 70%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 30

OilSlick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Should Any Cards Be Banned From T2? Reply with quote

Do you guys think any card(s) should be banned from Current Type 2?
Which one(s)? Why?

I put the 2 cards that I hear people bitching about the most in the poll.

EDIT: I am looking for reasons cards should be banned aside from insane prices Wink
Bantos86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None. An unanswered Baneslayer can win someone the game, but it's quite easy to answer.

Bloodbraid Elf is good, but not quite broken.
Pegachris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Sludge. Discard 5 cards for 5 mana seems unfair to me. Also it makes Zen block constructed not possible.
Bantos86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pegachris wrote:
Mind Sludge. Discard 5 cards for 5 mana seems unfair to me. Also it makes Zen block constructed not possible.

Banning Mind Sludge from T2 doesn't help your issue with Zen Block Constructed Razz.

Also, discard is one of the few weapons that aggro decks have against control. Mind Sludge is more a balancing power than overpowered card in and of itself.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bantos86 wrote:
Pegachris wrote:

Banning Mind Sludge from T2 doesn't help your issue with Zen Block Constructed Razz.

Also, discard is one of the few weapons that aggro decks have against control. Mind Sludge is more a balancing power than overpowered card in and of itself.

not to mention it severely limits you in deckbuilding
P1n

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ban Spreading Seas
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

priorera wrote:
Ban Alara block. Worst block ever.

you obviously never played masques block, lin sivvi go, i geuss ill scoop
urafever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrishskill wrote:

Broken cards are cards that completely destroy the game state by being degenerate and creating a nearly unwinnable circumstances via combos generally. Creatures in an of themselves typically are not broken, they are just good.

ah, but bloodbraid is a lot more than a creature -- and that is the problem.

While I certainly agree there is nothing in the metagame as absurd as prosbloom (god, I loved that deck while you could use it), bloodbraid elf is an absurdly overpowered card.

I've been playing a lot more aggro lately, partially because of that card -- against any kind of control that thing is nasty. Even if you counter is, you still gotta deal w/ another spell.

Still, I wouldn't go so far to say it should be banned -- more likely, blue and possibly white need to be given more tools to deal with it. Right now, mono-blue isn't even close to being competitive.

It seems like Jund and Aggro are the most viable decks at the moment. Both of those will either use bloodbraid, or actively try to diminish its effects.
CoreySnetsel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned, no. I don't see anything that should be banned. If anything, there is maybe one or two cards that I feel should be restricted, and I'm not being biased because I hate playing against it, but because I play it at times. And that is Valakuut. I know when I play Vala Ramp on MTGO, I usually get pretty good draws with it, and by turn 5, assuming my draws are good enough, I'm dealing 6 to the dome at least, and have the opp finished by turn 6 or 7. And even then, the only deck I've played that has the slightest issue with Vala is vamps, and that's even a rarity to have trouble with it assuming you play vamps right. I feel like a previous post, that R&D has really put a lot into balancing standard since the days of Urza's Block. Hell, I didn't even feel that Divining Top being banned was a good move. Restricted, at most.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, cards nowadays aren't as fun as back then. No way can Baneslayer ever live up to Counterspell. Or to Swords to Plowshares. Or to Necropotence, as a matter of fact. The main problem nowadays is that there is no creativity in playing magic anymore. It's either you play the top 3 netdecks, or you play some crappy concoction, that most people will point out to you is some crappy concoction not part of the top 3 netdecks.

And, I agree, back then, Magic was a game for the "big boys." Smart people RULED. Now, rich people do... and that's not much fun anymore. Playing Magic used to be about having fun, and beating your opponent while you're at it (PROSPER BLOOM!) but now, it's just about acquiring the most expensive cards and then playing them enough to make sure they win you the game.

HOWEVER, there are exceptions. There's one player I know of that swears Charnelhoard Wurm beats Baneslayer any day (it does!?). All them fancy Grixis control WILL tap out someday, which would clear the board for an all-powerful REALM RAZER (cross your fingers they aren't holding a Bolt). Magic can still be fun, dudes.

No card now is quite worth banning. None at all. Bloodbraid gives us the card advantage aggro has been lacking for a long time. Control gets Jace friggin' Mind Sculptor. Combo gets... uh... Many, many cards =).

Rock on, people. As usual, Mayael the Anima >>> Baneslayer Angel.
Jag4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scute Mob is pretty broken (JOKE!)

To be fair, I played during combo winter too, and compared to back then todays enviroment is pretty fair considering.

The only thing I don't like so much is the cost these days.

Jag
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2