Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twincast Problems

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Tritemio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Twincast Problems Reply with quote

I play Twincast on a Spell With Kicker, have the copy spell the same effects even if i don't pay kicker cost? Can i Pay kicker after twincast resolution?

I play Twincast targetting Time Warp, so i can or i may take an extra turn?
Because he say, take an extra turn after this one, the 2nd time warp make me take 2 extra turn or only the extra turn taken with the 1st time warp?
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cant pay kicker costs

if u twincast a time warp, yours will resolve giving you an extra turn, then your opponents twincast will resolve giving them the extra turn, so they get their extra turn first then you get your extra turn, then you get your regular turn.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Learn to read Reply with quote

What is wrong with people today? They still don't know that reading is tech? This is what's written on the link you pointed to Twincast:

6/1/2005: You can't choose to pay any additional costs for the copy. However, effects based on any additional costs paid for the targeted spell are copied as though those same costs were paid for the copy too.
Astarael

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Twincast Problems Reply with quote

Tritemio wrote:
I play Twincast on a Spell With Kicker, have the copy spell the same effects even if i don't pay kicker cost? Can i Pay kicker after twincast resolution?

I play Twincast targetting Time Warp, so i can or i may take an extra turn?
Because he say, take an extra turn after this one, the 2nd time warp make me take 2 extra turn or only the extra turn taken with the 1st time warp?

Twincast on a kicker spell: If the spell was kicked, your copy is also kicked. If it was not kicked, yours is not. You can not choose to kick an unkicked spell. This is the same for all additional costs.

Twincast on Time Warp. The copy goes on the stack after their Time Warp so resolves first. Their Time Warp then resolves. Because theirs is the last to resolve they get the 'first' extra turn. At the end of that turn, you will get your extra turn. Then it will return to normal turns (presumably yours as Time Warp is a sorcery).

Hope that helps.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1