Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miss America, or whatever


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Author Message
P_P4E



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Miss America, or whatever Reply with quote

// Lands
1 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [ZEN] Plains (1)
4 [ZEN] Island (4)
3 [ZEN] Mountain (2)
2 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse

// Creatures
4 [M10] Baneslayer Angel

// Spells
4 [CFX] Path to Exile
3 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
3 [M10] Essence Scatter
3 [ARB] Double Negative
3 [M10] Negate
3 [M10] Lightning Bolt
3 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
1 [M10] Earthquake
1 [CFX] Martial Coup
2 [WWK] Mysteries of the Deep

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M10] Earthquake
SB: 1 [CFX] Martial Coup
SB: 3 [ALA] Swerve
SB: 4 [CFX] Celestial Purge
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 2 [ZEN] Into the Roil


It looks good on paper...Any initial thoughts? I've played it to decent success so far, but I have been getting land-screwed either in quantity or quality pretty often...
Back to top
MrBury



Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This falls in the category of "Baneslayer is going to die". She is in fact just going to die. maybe the colonnades will help u get there. but i wont put my hopes in buffy. Maybe side her in and put sphinx of jwar isle and wall of denial just like LSV would.
Back to top
P_P4E



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBury wrote:
This falls in the category of "Baneslayer is going to die". She is in fact just going to die. maybe the colonnades will help u get there. but i wont put my hopes in buffy. Maybe side her in and put sphinx of jwar isle and wall of denial just like LSV would.


You're wrong, but nice try.

She has never died 1 time. Maybe you're just not good at magic?
Back to top
Bantos86



Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 209

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Miss America, or whatever Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
// Lands
1 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [ZEN] Plains (1)
4 [ZEN] Island (4)
3 [ZEN] Mountain (2)
2 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse

// Creatures
4 [M10] Baneslayer Angel

// Spells
4 [CFX] Path to Exile
3 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
3 [M10] Essence Scatter
3 [ARB] Double Negative
3 [M10] Negate
3 [M10] Lightning Bolt
3 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
1 [M10] Earthquake
1 [CFX] Martial Coup
2 [WWK] Mysteries of the Deep

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M10] Earthquake
SB: 1 [CFX] Martial Coup
SB: 3 [ALA] Swerve
SB: 4 [CFX] Celestial Purge
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 2 [ZEN] Into the Roil


It looks good on paper...Any initial thoughts? I've played it to decent success so far, but I have been getting land-screwed either in quantity or quality pretty often...


// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)
// NAME: Untitled Deck

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [M10] Glacial Fortress
2 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade
5 [ZEN] Island (1)
3 [ZEN] Mountain (1)
4 [ZEN] Plains (1)
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn

// Creatures
4 [WWK] Calcite Snapper
3 [ZEN] Sphinx of Jwar Isle
2 [WWK] Dragonmaster Outcast

// Spells
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
2 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 [CFX] Path to Exile
2 [ARB] Double Negative
3 [M10] Negate
1 [WWK] Mysteries of the Deep
4 [WWK] Treasure Hunt
2 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
3 [M10] Earthquake

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
SB: 3 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
SB: 3 [ZEN] Luminarch Ascension
SB: 2 [M10] Mind Control
SB: 2 [ARB] Wall of Denial
SB: 3 [M10] Baneslayer Angel
SB: 1 [HOP] Oblivion Ring

This. Minus the Dragonmasters...I was experimenting >.>

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!1
Back to top
P_P4E



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCOZE wrote:
Seems good...personally I would find room for treasure hunt...it has awsome synergy with jace.


I think there are already enough sorceries in the deck, but good try.
Back to top
jebus911



Joined: 01 Sep 2008
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is how you start a deck with blue bud.

"4x treasure hunt.

Now, what else to i need."
Back to top
P_P4E



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebus911 wrote:
Ok, this is how you start a deck with blue bud.

"4x treasure hunt.

Now, what else to i need."


lol...

Sure. I'll just play conditional card draw that reveals all my permission to my opponent.

Great idea.

Give me some legit advice.
Back to top
Edowardo



Joined: 05 Mar 2006
Posts: 55

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

control doesn't care if your oppo knows what permission it has. and if you do your doing something wrong.
Back to top
SniperMayer



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 290

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hack do you post a deck here if you don't want to hear anyone's suggestions?
Back to top
Insom



Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 433

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need like 4x ponder, 4x halimar, and 4x jace to make treasure hunt good. Isn't mysteries of the deep a strictly worse version of mind spring?

Last edited by Insom on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Insom



Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 433

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revealing your cantrip is obviously a big drawback. You need to average about two cards per cast to make it better than other options. If you have more lands than anything else in your deck you are doing something wrong. Treasure hunt is good because it efficiently lets you play around 25 lands and still hit land drops allowing you to play more answers.
Back to top
OilSlick



Joined: 30 Aug 2009
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
MrBury wrote:
This falls in the category of "Baneslayer is going to die". She is in fact just going to die. maybe the colonnades will help u get there. but i wont put my hopes in buffy. Maybe side her in and put sphinx of jwar isle and wall of denial just like LSV would.


You're wrong, but nice try.

She has never died 1 time. Maybe you're just not good at magic?


I guess, all your opponents used their pte's, terminates, maelstorm pulses and tendrils of corruption on your other creatures
Back to top
P_P4E



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insom wrote:
You need like 4x ponder, 4x halimar, and 4x jace to make treasure hunt good. Isn't mysteries of the deep a strictly worse version of mind spring?


It's been good to me. I added it since this archtype has full use of 8 fetchlands (meaning I didn't have to add any just for the card). I like instant speed tidings better than mindspring.
Back to top
P_P4E



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
MrBury wrote:
This falls in the category of "Baneslayer is going to die". She is in fact just going to die. maybe the colonnades will help u get there. but i wont put my hopes in buffy. Maybe side her in and put sphinx of jwar isle and wall of denial just like LSV would.


You're wrong, but nice try.

She has never died 1 time. Maybe you're just not good at magic?


I guess, all your opponents used their pte's, terminates, maelstorm pulses and tendrils of corruption on your other creatures


well, terminate is a problem...So i usually counterspell. Pulse is a problem... but i counterspell it.

I blow jund out games 2/3 anyway, obviously. Vampires is a good matchup already.
Back to top
P_P4E



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to add 1x more "win condition" to the deck per your advice. I've yet to need it, but apparently I do.

Treasure Hunt will never make this deck. For those of you wondering why...Well, here are a few reasons

1) Revealing my permission to opponent is not good. The guy who said it doesn't matter is stupid. This isn't a format in which every counterspell "does something" right away, so them knowing which one you have DOES MATTER...A LOT. Same with PTE vs Bolt as your removal, etc.

2) tapping out on turn 2...3, whatever. I'm not going to do that. I only tap out on 4 for an ajani or a jace when I know they'll live, or a DoJ when its a good 2 for 1 or 3 for 1. That's it.

3) 26 lands minus the 2 you have to have in play, plus an average of at least 1 more. 23 lands in your deck of 50+ cards. That's less than half. So less than half the time, you will get 2 cards. With jace, you are not guaranteed more at all. In fact, you basically just draw 1 or possibly 2 more cards from it. The saclands + jace are just better by themselves.

4) Mysteries of the Deep is instant speed tidings almost. I don't need anything else...especially at the cost of tapping mana during my main phase.

I dont like this idea, but Everflowing chalace may need to be here. The mana just isn't right.

For those of you criticizing my responses...You're not helping. Why should I be courteous if you're giving me terrible advice? I asked about the land situation, and not ONE reply on it.


Last edited by P_P4E on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy