Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MUC

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
cerka6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: MUC Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [WWK] Quicksand
4 [WWK] Halimar Depths
2 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
2 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
14 [ZEN] Island (1)

// Creatures
4 [WWK] Calcite Snapper
4 [ZEN] Sphinx of Jwar Isle

// Spells
3 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 [ZEN] Cancel
4 [M10] Essence Scatter
4 [MOR] Negate
4 [ZEN] Into the Roil
4 [WWK] Treasure Hunt
3 [M10] Mind Control

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [M10] Flashfreeze
SB: 3 [WWK] Dispel

SB is a work in progress. maindeck has tested very well against a lot of decks that would be considered tier 1
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

needs moar living tsunami
8 fetches and mysteries of the deep
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would one of those decks be Jund sporting 3-4 Great Sable Stags in the sb? And Cascade spells?

4 Negate, 4 Essence Scatter is terrible. Of course it is amazing when you got a negate when they play a game-changing non-creature spell AND a Essence Scatter when they play a game-changing creature spell, but more often than not you will find that you lose the game when you don't - since your gameplan is to draw a card, play a land and say "your turn" most of the time. If what he then do at your eot and/or in his turn is not countered, then monoblue can't really recover.

Also, a control deck with four copies of all cards in an undefined meta screams "more testing please".

This may seem like harsh criticism, but I think someone would have to point these things out to you eventually, so that you don't waste too many hours testing a dead archetype.
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-1 into the roil
-1 mind control
-1 treasure hunt
-1 essence scatter
-1 negate
-1 cancel
-4 island
+3 living tsunami
+3 mysteries of the deep
+2 misty rainforest
+2 scalding tarn
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put the -1's into your sideboard, +4 spreading seas in SB as well.
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah muc archetype is poop in t2. just not enough strong cards or synergies.
Luisfer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://magicleague.startlogic.com/tournament/info.php?id=58830&view=decks

mind control is on sd , to slow , gather specimnes is better just 1 mana and u can fk the cascade Smile

also treasure haunt isnt better than misteries in this deck , u dont wanna tap out and show what u drew
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this deck is the tits. I love it.

As far as improvements... I just don't seem the harm in a small splash of white. You don't even need to go with baneslayers or day of judgement, you can just run the manland and maybe path or something like that. I think the 5 mana 4/4 flying manland is amazing.

I mean, in general this list looks really good. I agree with the spreading seas in the board...In fact, maindecking them doesn't seem awful either. I might go with dragons claw for the board if RDW gets any more popular.

Great list though sir.
dAEdaL
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where be Spell Contortion?
Tuffy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^means spell ABORTION! Spell Snare and mana leak had a baby. The thing is, is that they were related and the baby came out all fucked up....that is how spell abortion came to be.
OilSlick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see a reason not to play another color in your deck
Via

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+3-4 Tectonic edge main

for manlands, valakut, emeria and such
cerka6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treasure hunt has been amazing in this deck. i don't care if they see i drew some lands and a counter. normally i should have a full grip anyway. rearranging cards with halimar depths and jace then casting treasure hunt has been great. as far as having 4 scatter and 4 negate the reason i neeed them especially the scatters is cause i dont' have path, bolt, and terminate in this deck to deal with critters. turtles have been amazing and yes i have played against jund with good results.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mister_gaga wrote:
dAEdaL wrote:
Where be Spell Contortion?

...is possibly one of the worst cards in Worldwake. 3 mana to soft counter something is bad enough, because you could just as easily run cancel and hard counter it, but an additional 2 mana to draw one card?
5 mana to draw a card is awful. Mysteries of the deep, divination, treasure hunt, and mind spring are all far superior ways to draw cards, not to mention jace, jace, or howling mine/font of mythos. Hell, even spreading seas is more mana efficent.

I ran it in a UWR control deck and was very pleased with it until my opponents (and me) found out that the kicker DIDNT make them have to pay 2 more mana!

So yes. It is poo. It would be a decent counter if the kicker also added more "mana drain" and not just draw you cards. Wotc wasted a good opportunity there.
SJM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs 4 everflowing chalice, 4x new jace, 4x of the new counter spell with kicker.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2