Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you hate grammer Nazi's well you might want to read this.


Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Author Message
OldBear



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Do you hate grammer Nazi's well you might want to read this. Reply with quote

We all know those annoying people who think that because they can spell and punctuate perfectly, that there argument is better than yours and are just generally condenscending assholes who take glee in pointing out every little grammar or spelling error you make.

Well next time you run into one do me a favour and tell them this, Hey Nazi just because the spelling and grammer in Mein Kampf was good does not make it any less of a horrible book just like your argument. That will shut them the fuck up.
Back to top
brimstone



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you hate grammer Nazi's well you might want to read t Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
that there argument is better than


their.
Back to top
OldBear



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna argue with it though are you!
Back to top
Burton911



Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 172

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This proves that Trotsky1 has read "Mein Kampf" right ...

Discuss Twisted Evil


(I know that the book isn't prohibited)
Back to top
Bantos86



Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 209

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burton911 wrote:
This proves that Trotsky1 has read "Mein Kampf" right ...

Discuss Twisted Evil


(I know that the book isn't prohibited)


Mein Chair was also quite Kampfy.
Back to top
OldBear



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have and as I said it was horrible, would not want to be ignorant. It is a horrible but relevant piece of literature much like pride and predjudice.
Back to top
ant900



Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Posts: 2525
Location: somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn't the simple fact that you have mentioned Nazis make your argument irrelevant?
Back to top
OldBear



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you can point out the errors in what i wrote in 5 seconds as much as you like could'nt give a shit but just you try making out your point is better than mine cause your grammer is better and you know what I'm gonna say.
Back to top
wurst12



Joined: 05 May 2009
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the fact that Hitler was a masterful speaker, he never really mastered the German language. He made numerous grammatical mistakes and his spelling was atrocious.
Source: "The Psychopathic God: Adolf Hitler" by Robert G. L. Waite

Mein Kampf in particular was panned by Mussolini, who had some background in literary criticism, particularly for its style. Also, the first several English versions are now considered illegitimate because they lost much of the original German version's context (which usually happens by changing things grammatically in the process of translating).


Last edited by wurst12 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Sampo



Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grammar nazis, not "grammer nazi's"
Back to top
OldBear



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant900 wrote:
doesn't the simple fact that you have mentioned Nazis make your argument irrelevant?


So your saying history is irrelevant and no.
Back to top
OldBear



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sampo wrote:
grammar nazis, not "grammer nazi's"


Now your making up mistake's I did'nt make.

The point stands i just thought it was a very succinct way of making it.
Back to top
OldBear



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 1840

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can and I'm at university but i can not be arsed to spell grammar check a forum post, I type it out and post it, if i wanted to get it right i could easily put it into word take sometime and do so and as of yet I have yet to get less than a 2:1 on any uni essay.

My problem is not with good grammar its with people who use the fact that the grammar is not perfect as the basis of there argument being better.
Back to top
Astarael



Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
ant900 wrote:
doesn't the simple fact that you have mentioned Nazis make your argument irrelevant?


So your saying history is irrelevant and no.


It's called Godwin's Law.
Back to top
Sampo



Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
Sampo wrote:
grammar nazis, not "grammer nazi's"


Now your making up mistake's I did'nt make.

The point stands i just thought it was a very succinct way of making it.


First off, check your thread title. Also, you don't pluralize by adding an apostrophe...
"Mistakes", not "Mistake's"
Also, "didn't", not "did'nt".
Studying grammar might help you in life.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy