Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nemesis Trap? what do u people thing.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Nemesis Trap? what do u people thing. Reply with quote

Anyone else really love this card?
If a white creature is attacking you, you may pay {B}{B} rather than pay Nemesis Trap's mana cost.
Exile target creature, then put a token that is a copy of that creature onto the battlefield. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step..

Cast it during there endstep, you will keep it for a turn and able to attack, i'm right on this correct? T2 vamps is getting better.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is their answer for baneslayer angel... BB killa baneslayer, and make one to block with. it's like a tendrils of corruption on crack
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right thinking you can do it, during there end step and keep the token and attack with it?
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I was looking at it again thinking that was pretty silly. You can only cast it for its trap cost, while a white creature is attacking. I'm certain I got it confused with the other traps. If a opp did "ability a" this turn you cast it for the trap cost. Sad
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whaddya mean you people?????!!!!!
Majik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this card sounds retarded....Yes it's fucking retarded. So basically a white creature must be attacking you, you pay BB and exile that creature. You then put a token thats a copy into play, and exile the token at the begin of the next end step(which is your opps end step....unless he attacks on your turn)

I think WOTC made a boo boo here. I take back what I said about them knowing what they're doing.
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it not a great sideboard card. Just imagine your opponent is attacking you with 2 or more creatures. You exile the biggest one and use it to kill another one.
Baneslayer + wooly thoctar for example Razz
SJM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've got more than enough hate in the set to destroy sligh/RDW so they are just reinforcing the power of baneslayer based decks and trying to improve vampires.

That is what Wizards wants post-Alara, BSA.dec and vamps.
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be better than deathmark in some sideboards.
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fair killing my bullshit angel.
Markwerf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between malakir bloodwitch, deathmark and tendrils all seem more usefull for dealing with baneslayers. This doesnt effectively deal with a baneslayer on defense
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it may not be better for destroying just one BSA, but IMO, this card is much better as a sideboard card than any of those.

first, it kills something white. yay.

then, you get a blocker, because you play it in response to them declaring attacks. what do you choose to get as a blocker? the stronger one of course. now the blocker gets to kill his friend, which has, say, protection from black.

yes, let me say that again, Mono black now has the power to deal with protection from black in a B vs W match.

this card can also be used in other times, to get an attacker like the other poster mentioned. therefore it's not as often a dead draw like deathmark and friends might be.

and even in extreme cases...

Enemy attacks you for 10 with two BSA's.
Nemesis trap! block.
result: you gain five life. opponent gains five life. opponent loses $150 dollars of equity to a... what? 50 cent card?

somehow I doubt it'll stay 50 cents for long if it's at that.
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can kind of be played around by intelligent players. The BB cost is going to limit the number of decks that can actually play it.

Last edited by Insom on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
asamodious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This cards CMC is 4BB without the trap cost.

Majik - Youre quite confused on this card it appears. You do not need to have a white creature attacking you to play this spell, just to pay it for its trap cost. So, You can play it during your turn too, to remove a blocker or whatever. The token was not meant to attack, just to kill a creature and block with it (best case scenario).

This is basically a remade version of broken visage from homelands, but with a good trap cost. It may see play in some sideboards because of BSA. But personally i think deathmark is better, at it only takes one black mana as opposed to two.
asamodious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphakiller wrote:

then, you get a blocker, because you play it in response to them declaring attacks. what do you choose to get as a blocker? the stronger one of course. now the blocker gets to kill his friend, which has, say, protection from black.

yes, let me say that again, Mono black now has the power to deal with protection from black in a B vs W match.

That situation is highly unlikely to happen. Any smart playing will know not to send their pro black guy in with BSA after this card is printed, especially if you keep leaving BB up every turn.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2